Our guest today is none other than Daisy Shu, a postdoctoral research fellow at the Harvard Medical School. She completed optometry school from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, and Ph.D. from The University of Sydney, Australia. She currently serves on the Young Investigators of the International Society for Eye Research and the Advocacy and Outreach Committee of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO). She is passionate about science communication and completed the science communication training fellowship run by ARVO. She has built a large following on social media and enjoys sharing her scientific research journey through Instagram and Twitter.
In this episode we discuss:
1) What brought Daisy to the US from Australia?
2) What got her interested in the eye?
3) How she is using social media for SciComm and Community Outreach?
4) Her positive experiences in Academia?
Leave us a review on iTunes & get FREE Links to Wonder Women in STEM 2019, Online Conference.
Follow these steps-
1. Write us a review on iTunes.
2. Take a screenshot of the review.
3. Email the screenshot to email@example.com
4. Links will be sent via reply.