Ethical Voices is a weekly podcast featuring real stories, from real PR professionals about real ethical issues they have faced. Hosted by Mark McClennan, APR, Fellow PRSA, each week highlights a new PR professional and one key ethical decision or challenge they faced in their career.
How to Effectively Counsel Those That Want to Make Unethical Decisions
Cathy Morley Foster, the principal at Morley Foster Consulting, discusses a number of important ethics issues, including:
1) How to effectively counsel those that want to make unethical decisions
2) The importance of expertise and common sense
The ethical importance of knowing when to say “No” – Natasha Koifman
Natasha Koifman, President of NKPR, one of Canada's most powerful and innovative women in public relations discusses a number of important ethics issues including: 1) The ethical importance of knowing when to say “No”
2) How to empower your employees to make tough ethical decisions
3) The blurring of paid and owned media
The Role of Ethical Leadership in Building Influence: A Female Perspective
Dr. Juan Meng, the Associate Professor of Public Relations at the University of Georgia, and Dr. Marlene Neill, APR, Fellow PRSA, an Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director at Baylor University, share insights from a recent journal article they authored titled The Role of Ethical Leadership in Building Influence: Perspectives from Female Public Relations Professionals.
How Can Old School Strategies Counter Disinformation? - Ellen Crane
Ellen Crane, APR, Fellow PRSA. founder of Women Elevated, addresses a number of important ethics issues, including:
1) What to do when your ethical values diverge from your employer’s values?
2) How can old school strategies counter disinformation
Ethical Issues in Merging the Science and Art of Public Relations: Aaron Kwittken
Aaron Kwittken, the founder and chairman of KWT Global and the founder of PRophet, discusses: 1) An issue he still regrets not speaking up on 30 years ago
2) Ethical issues in merging the science and art of public relations
3) How augmented intelligence can help enhance our profession
4) How do we create belonging in a hybrid environment?
What Ethics Lessons Can We Learn from Ted Lasso? EthicalVoices Interview with Dan Farkas
Dan Farkas, a lecturer of strategic communication at the Ohio State University, discusses a number of important ethics issues, including: 1) Why we need to think slow cooker rather than Instant Pot when it comes to PR measurement
2) How can you ethically blend empathy and accountability?
3) What is the most engaging PRSA ethics case study?
4) What ethics lessons can we learn from Ted Lasso?