A weekly podcast where Lindsay Spear interviews LDS women from all walks of life, sharing stories of everyday faith, hope, and courage. A reminder that we are not alone in our journeys, and that with God at the helm all the ordinary moments add up to extraordinary lives. This is a podcast for the Everyday Mormon Girl...still learning, still striving, and still recognizing that "all things work together for good to them that love God."
Episode 53 and Beyond
A message for my loyal listeners...
#52- Hearts Turned to Kenya with Madeline Anderson
In this episode, I sit down with Madeline Anderson for an incredibly inspiring conversation about Mama Packs For Kenya, her non-profit organization which provides postpartum essentials for new mothers in Kenya. Together, we discuss:
• The fact that we all have a personal ministry, although sometimes we may not realize what it is.
• The importance of learning to forgive yourself.
• How others can get involved with Mama Packs For Kenya and support this amazing cause.
#51- Becoming Your Own Model Mormon with Rosie Card
In this episode, I sit down with the lovely Rosie Card who shares the incredible story of her modeling career and why she decided to quit. We discuss her ventures in starting her own business and her latest endeavor of authoring a book. We also talk about:
• The importance of not being overly cautious when heading down a new path, and simply allowing the Savior to lead us.
• Accepting our current situations as what God wants for us, regardless of whether or not it is what we had once hoped for ourselves.
• Acknowledging that we can honor ourselves without being prideful.
#50- Faith, Family, and Fun with Maria Eckersley
This week, I am joined by the incredibly fun and inspiring Maria Eckersley. We cover a multitude of topics including: her life as an avid blogger, standing by her husband in his journey through cancer, and some of her favorite “mom hacks”. We also discuss:
• How she avoids getting lost in the repetitiveness of everyday motherhood.
• The importance of trusting Heavenly Father’s plans and His timing for you.
• Taking life one task at a time, and having faith that God will allow the rest to fall into place.
Maria’s site: MeckMom.com
#49- Overcoming Challenges Through the Gospel with Kimmie Frasure
This week, I am joined by the lovely Kimmie Frasure. Kimmie is a recent convert to the LDS Church and she shares her inspirational conversion story, her unique perspective on the gospel, and some of her struggles with mental health. We also discuss:
• Acknowledging that oftentimes Heavenly Father is not going to simply get rid of our problems, but rather we should ask him to help us get through them.
• How we can best support new converts in the church.
• The importance of learning our roots and how doing so can help us build our testimony.
#48- Baby Steps to Big Miracles with Allison Pineda
This week, I am joined by the lovely Allison Pineda. Allison is a labor and delivery nurse who has also experienced infertility. She shares her story and offers a message of hope for those who are currently struggling. Together, we also talk about:
• How most women who suffer from infertility do so in silence.
• The power of sharing our experiences and how it helps us to process them and eventually be grateful for them.
• The importance of leaving our comfort zone.
I just found this podcast last week, and I am going through the episodes very quickly! I love hearing the inspiring stories from “everyday women”. I feel uplifted every time I listen to one of them and am inspired to be better and make sure my story is a good one. Thank you!
Causes important self reflection to recognize the story I am creating
I found this podcast from a LDS Mamas group to which I belong. One of the most common questions asked is recommendations for podcasts and Everyday Mormon Girl is almost always on that list.
Listening to this podcast has caused me to reflect and identify and discover the story that my life is forming. It has increased my sense of self worth, purpose and motivation. I love hearing the raw and genuine stories of “everyday Mormons” that focuses upon a spiritual nature. I often think what it is I could talk about if I were to be a guest on her show. 😂
Thank you so much for taking on this venture because I do love it.
My New Favorite Podcast
There are different podcasts that interview women; however, many leave me feeling as though I’m “not enough” because I haven’t started an amazing business or traveled the world or run a thousand marathons. I absolutely LOVE this podcast because it is real. Real women who have amazing stories (because everyone does have a story) and those stories have given them strength, perspective, insight, and wisdom. Thank you, thank you, thank you for following the Spirit and showing up here. This is my new favorite podcast. You’re doing very important work. Xoxox