A podcast featuring entrepreneurs that have failed or are failing.
This weekly episode podcast will have interviews with top entrepreneurs and will explain in depth the biggest failures in their businesses.
Some say that failing is the way to success, so make sure to fail fast, get up fail again and run all the way to the success finish line.
The host Quin Amorim has his share of failures in his online entrepreneurial life and will share his failures along with the entrepreneurs he interviews.
China Sourcing With Serial Entrepreneur David Hoffmann
China Sourcing With Serial Entrepreneur David Hoffmann
* David is a serial entrepreneur building multi-million dollar companies* He has led the international trade powerhouse Global Regency as CEO for over 15 years* he is considered an expert in China sourcing, supply chain, private label, and brand licensing.* In 2016 David launched GlobalTQM.com under the Global Regency umbrella, to assist SMEs, start-ups, and entrepreneurs with quality management issues and sourcing from China with a range of educational and mentoring programs and actual done-for-you services with his resources of +57 people in China* David left the corporate world working for public companies opening retail stores around the country while overseeing buying, and marketing as a director, to pursue entrepreneurship,* * . and left for Hong Kong in 2002, where he remains.
* When did you know you wanted to take an entrepreneurial path?* What have you taken from your early working experience to your startup career?* What are some hidden risks of importing from China?* Can you discuss success stories of business migrating to China manufacturing, and the pro’s and con’s of such a move?* Biggest challenges of sourcing from China* Navigating trade shows and suppliers* Intellectual property protection* 10 rules to do business in China* What does it take to do business in China?
GlobalTQM – Your Team, Your Office & Your Expertise On The Ground In China.
From Suck to Success With Todd Palmer
Todd Palmer, From Suck to Success: a Guide to Extraordinary EntrepreneurshipIf you missed that episode, Todd was $600K in debt, and from that, he ended up climbing out to making the inc 5000 list 6 times!So that book title does have a huge meaning. (From Suck to Success)
Tod is the CEO of Extraordinary Advisors
* Welcome back Tod* Congrats on the new book, I love the lemon on the cover, that is genius* The first couple of times I read the title I read Stuck instead of Suck* Was the book being worked on before 2020 or is this written during Covid?* How long did it take to make a Bestseller list on Amazon?* How has covid affected you?* What was the biggest or best pivot you have seen?* What is IKIGAI?* How did you hockey stick your business?* What is your biggest business frustration?* It’s happening for you, not to you
The book is a collection of concepts & stories, including many 2020 covid pivots, that helped leaders deal with chaos & crisis.
* The first half of the book addresses mindset issues, that help people get unstuck. * The 2nd half of the book is a collection of strategic & tactical best practices to grow both the readers personal life & business. *
From $600,000 in Debt to Making the INC 5000 Six Times
Todd Palmer went from being a struggling entrepreneur with $600,000 in debt to making the INC 5000 (a record total of 6 times!) as one of America’s fastest-growing companies.Today, as a collaborative business advisor and CEO of Extraordinary Advisors, Todd helps his clients ditch their comfort zone, dive into their “failures,” and re-frame their mindset to be more authentic, transparent, and vulnerable to affect real change along the path to success.
His company, Diversified Industrial staffing, has been featured in:o INC Magazineo Detroit Newso CORP! Magazineo Crains Detroit
* author of the popular book The Job Search Process: Find & Land a GreatJob in 6 Weeks or Less.* you made it 6 times to inc 5000, that is impressive. was that a competition,or simply a goal?* Todd you are in Detroit still?* has Michigan come back from the auto recession?* I read that you were teaching entrepreneurship to people in prison
Amit Rosenthal CEO of an 84 year International Logistics Company
Amit Rosenthal CEO of an 84 year international logistics company
* How long have you been in logistics?* When did you realize Amazon was a big opportunity for logistic services?* What services do you offer, do you actually do the transport or mediate it?* 700 clients* what if I have products that can’t be exposed to extremely cold temperatures?* Since most Amazon sellers are inexperienced in international shipping is DDP the best solution?* Can you explain what is DDP (Door to door)* I see you listed on Amazon SPN Service Providers Network) does that give you high exposure?* I don’t know anything about incoterms customs regulations, duties* like in any industry when something starts to boom you always see the inexperienced fly by night companies startup. Have you seen that too in your field?
Dee Deng Co-Founder and CEO Right Hook Digital
Dee Deng is the co-founder and CEO of Right Hook Digital – an eCommerce growth & performance marketing agency; managing millions in ad spend for their growth clients across Australia and the USA.
Obsessed over ‘delivering wow’ – Dee leads his agency team of 50+ while sharing his team’s learnings & insights; educating brand owners on how to scale profitably and sustainably.
Most recently, Right Hook has been listed as one of Australia’s Fastest Growing Companies of 2019/2020 by the Australian Financial Review.
Questions for Dee Deng
* How did you get into marketing* Zen mind beginner mind book* Team of 50 how hard or easy is it to manage* What did you learn from your first failed venture that landed you broke in 2016?* What’s it like building & running a 50+ person, international team?* Right hook name where did it come from* Why should entrepreneurs seek to understand principles over tactics/hacks?* How should you scale up your operations without the wheels falling off?* What is the eCommerce Revenue Engine and why does it matter?
Links for Dee Deng
Alice Vaughn – Famous Creator of Offensive Crayons
Alice Vaughn is the famous creator of Offensive Crayons, an adults-only box of crayons.With names like Boner Bill Blue, Miscarriage Maroon, and Privilege (White), the inappropriately- named crayons have been banned from Amazon for “insulting children and Caucasians”.
Vaughn is also the co-host and producer of the popular comedy sex positive podcast, Two Girls One Mic: The Porncast, where they review the holes and plot holes of your favorite porn.
* How does someone get into the crayon business?* What the heck is offensive crayons?* How did you find your manufacturers and designers?* I searched Amazon and your brand name as big organic demand, but your brand is not there… and I see many opportunistic sellers trying something similar* Where else are you banned from?* What are some things that have made you viral?* You posted the “bad press” on the banner of your home page??* What do you think it is that makes a product go viral?* How have you overcome being banned from multiple platforms and still sell over six figures?* What’s the deal with Amazon?* You used to work in trademark* What do people NOT know about trademarks that they should know?* Any issues with Shopify?* Tell me about your podcast
Great podcast was a pleasure to guest on it
Quin has so much HEART!!
Great Heart, Great Conversations, thank you for willing to go there on having the hard conversations that really MATTER MOST.
Engaging and Fun
Had a great time being interviewed by Quin recently to talk about our new book. He is a great interviewer, asks good questions, and shows great interest in his guests.