Leslie begins the show with her 'Ripped from the Headlines' news segment.
Here are the stories she covers during the segment:
1. AUDIO: Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) asks Treasury Secretay Steven Mnuchin, “How many workers should give their lives to increase our GDP by a half percent?”
2. WASHINGTON POST: "As White House pushes firms to reopen, new report says much of bailout stimulus money remains unspent"
3. TIME: "The Real Estate Industry Pushed for $160 Billion in Tax Breaks in the CARES Act, Disclosure Filings Show"
4. AXIOS: "Trump threatens to end WHO funding and withdraw U.S. membership"
5. POLITICO: "Biden White House would yank Keystone XL permit"
6. USA TODAY: "New poll shows Sen. Martha McSally losing ground to Mark Kelly and that's not even the bad news"
During the second half of the show, Leslie is joined by Bob Ney, an Independent Political analyst for radio stations across America, covering the White House, Congress, and specializes in Mideast issues.He graduated from 'The' Ohio State University and taught English in Shiraz, Iran to Persians in 1978. Leaving Iran due to the beginning of the revolution, Bob was then the American manager of a private sector company in Saudi Arabia, where he lived for a year. He then returned to the United States and was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives (1980), Ohio Senate (1984) and the U.S. House in 1994 as a Republican in an overwhelming Democratic seat.Bob became Chairman of the House Administration Committee, Chair of the Housing Sub Committee, Deputy Whip leadership position and member of the House Transportation Committee.His legacy bill was the passage of the Help America vote act. Co-authored by now Democratic leader Steny Hoyer. HAVA in a bipartisan effort, modernized the American voting systems after the Bush/Gore election aftermath.In 2006 Bob resigned from Congress due to the Jack Abramoff scandal and wrote a book about his time in politics and his incarceration in the federal corrections system. “ Sideswiped” (lessons learned courtesy of the hit men of Capitol Hill) was released in 2013, and is definitely worth a purchase and a read! (buy here: tinyurl.com/buysideswiped)
The two discuss news that the State Department Inspector General who was fired by President Trump late Friday night, Steve Linick, was investigating the president’s effort to sell weapons to Saudi Arabia without congressional approval.
Bob Ney also volunteers helping people with recovery from alcohol and drug abuse, and is involved in other entrepreneurial ventures. He makes his home in Ohio, Father of two grown children and five grandchildren. Bob also co-hosts a weekly podcast, with co-host Jim Owen, where they speak the truth about a fundamentally unfair economic system, and learn what can be done to correct it. It's called 'Door to Door' and can be found at www.BobNeyDoorToDoor.com.
You can watch this episode here: www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGlQagbAqJL