I’m SO excited about today’s episode, which is all about friendship. I think we spend a ton of time thinking about relationships and trying to be the best partner possible, and while that’s SO important, platonic friendships are ALSO incredibly important and really under-discussed.
This episode is a celebration of friendship, and also is jam-packed with advice ABOUT friendship, including Carissa Stanton (@broccyourbody) and Olivia Noceda (@olive.eeeats) on:
* the story of how their friendship began
* their best advice for making friends as an adult
* how to build the intimacy to turn a friendship into a BEST friendship
* why allowing for awkwardness is so important in building friendship
* how they've made their long distance friendship work
* how to get over hurt feelings when friends move
* how they deal with jealousy (over money, relationships, etc) in their friendship
* where they get their incredible confidence
* what they love most about each other
Plus, friendship coach Danielle Bayard Jackson (@friendforward) answers all of YOUR friendship Qs, including:
* the number one thing people do wrong in friendships
* exactly what to do with friends you disagree with (about COVID, politics, their choice of partner, etc)—and how to know when to cut things off
* how much your friends should be similar to you versus expanding your bubble
* how to diversify your friendship group—including Danielle's secret tip for bringing more Black people into your friendship circle
* how to break up with a friend (including whether she recommends ghosting)
* an exact script for dealing with conflict with friends
* her best tips for making friends as an adult that aren't lame (both virtually and in real life!)
* how to stay close to friends in different seasons of life (friends with kids versus none, or single versus married)
* what to do when you wish your partner had more friends
Finally, my own bestie, Gretchen Lidicker (@gretchen.amanda) joins me to chat about:
* our personal friendship story
* our secret to fast-forwarding intimacy in friendships
* how to deal with anxiety and chronic illnesses in friendships
* Gretchen's genius tips for long distance relationships
* how to use a time audit to improve your friendships
* their best tips for making new friends, including what to actually do together
I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the episode! Screenshot and tag me—I’m @lizmoody— and my guests and share your thoughts, feelings, and reactions. I’d also so love and appreciate it if you shared it with your own bestie!
PS: Have you snagged my Foodie preset pack? You can get all 8 presets, designed to make your food pics look as good as they taste, at lizmoody.com/presets.
PPS: Healthier Together is officially a number one best-seller! You can get your copy on Amazon or at lizmoody.com/cookbook. Please keep sending me your creations on Instagram—they make me so happy!
This episode is sponsored by Garden of Life, who just released their insanely delicious Apple Cider Vinegar gummies. I love how supportive they are of my immune system and gut health—if you snag a bottle using my link, it lets the brand know you found them through me, which I massively appreciate and it costs you nothing extra. Link: https://amzn.to/3tJ0iyj
This episode is sponsored by LifeSeasons, a company that makes amazing supplements for gut health, inflammation, immunity, and many, many more, including my beloved allergy blend. Go to a href="https://shop.lifeseasons.com?