From Frustration to Forward Thinking: one leader’s journey
Learn from an experienced architect and leader, Aju Johnson,
Ten lessons learned in moving from frustration to forward thinking:
1. Be real about your emotions. Call them out!
2. Understand that it may take time to heal.
3. Identify what you are responsible for.
4. Connect with a mentor who believes in you.
5. Recognize that the sacrificial cost of growth does not end when difficulties arise.
6. Borrow the belief others have in you until you can believe in yourself again.
7. Recognize that moving forward is REALLY HARD work.
8. Pursue personal growth daily.
9. As a leader, build a culture of personal growth and development with your new team.
10. Move into your new space with creativity and flexibility.
You can reach out to:
Aju Johnson at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajujohnson/ (https://www.linkedin.com/in/ajujohnson/)
Nina Ellison for http://www.healthyleadership.online/ (Speaking engagements,)
https://www.marcusbuckingham.com/lovework/ (Love + Work Marcus Buckingham)
https://info.workinstitute.com/hubfs/Retention%20Reports/2021%20Retention%20Report/Work%20Institutes%202021%20Retention%20Report.pdf (RetentionReport 2021)
https://www.maxwellleadership.com/ (Leadership Development and Career Development | Maxwell Leadership)