In this Podcast, Charlie Berger from Oracle discussed some of the challenges of data-driven enterprises.
0:29 Charlie's journey.
6:12 Charlie's current role.
8:55 Oracle's role in the future of data.
13:20 The evolution of ML.
20:41 The need for revaluating mathematical models that data science is based on.
27:50 On the concept of appification of analytics.
36:17 On enterprise IT landscape changing.
43:17 Geekifying analytics.
47:15 Charlie's favorite read.
50:21 Closing remarks.
Charlie's favorite read suggestions:
1. The Naked Future: What Happens in a World That Anticipates Your Every Move?
Passionate technical professional skilled in building entrepreneurial, start-up initiatives, and environments. Strong technical, product management, communication, marketing, and leadership skills.
• Experienced product management professional with over 30 years of experience in leading-edge technologies in large corporations and entrepreneurial start-ups.
• During 15 years at Oracle Corporation, developed an innovative portfolio of “big data analytics” products developed as in-database SQL data mining functions and integrated "predictive analytics" applications.
• Strong technical, product management, communication, and leadership skills.
• Responsible for product management and direction for the Oracle Database data mining and predictive analytics technology, including Oracle Data Mining, text mining, and statistical functions.
• Strong product champion, evangelist, and frequent speaker in the field of predictive analytics and data mining.
• Leveraged relationships with customers, development, and sales to communicate product capabilities and value proposition.
#FutureOfData podcast is a conversation starter to bring leaders, influencers, and lead practitioners to discuss their journey to create the data-driven future.
If you or any you know wants to join in,
Register your interest @ http://play.analyticsweek.com/guest/
Want to sponsor?
Email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org