Imagine hitting a milestone birthday and thinking you don’t want to be doing that work or in that organization for the rest of your career. It’s more common than you think.
As mid-career professionals, you don’t want to settle and worry about being happier with your job and career. You know there has to be more than just being on the hamster wheel every day.
My guest is Judy Schoenberg, the co-founder of EvolveMe and a former executive for the Girl Scouts of America.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
· How Judy was open to a new opportunity that changed her career trajectory
· What she learned about being a leader from the Girl Scouts of America
· Why we all need a mentor
· Why we all must address our FOSO – the Fear of Standing Out
Learn more about EvolveMe and join The Reinvention Collective at https://evolveme.work
Email Judy at email@example.com
Connect with Judy on LinkedIn and Instagram
Key Topics & Time Stamps:
· Meet Judy Schoenberg (0:06)
· Who Judy Wanted to Be Growing Up (3:36)
· Exploring Career Interests in College (5:22)
· Why Work After College Sets You Up for Success (7:03)
· Welcoming New Opportunities (8:59)
· The Value of Mentorship (11:51)
· Leadership Lessons from the Girl Scouts of America (14:26)
· Judy’s Mid-Career Moment (18:45)
· Having No Regrets Leaving Your Job (22:10)
· The Great Reset (23:38)
· Ageism & the Fear of Standing Out (27:04)
· Challenge for Women Leaders (32:31)
· Judy’s Advice to Help You Build Your Mid-Career GPS (35:10)
· Connect with Judy & The Reinvention Collective (37:58)
List of Resources:
· Your Mid-Career GPS – Four Steps to Figuring Out What’s Next by John Neral
· SHOW UP - Six Strategies to Lead a More Energetic and Impactful Career by John Neral
Calls to Action:
· Get your free Mid-Career GPS Resources that include a job search tracker and reflection questions at https://johnneral.com.
· Join the “Your Mid-Career GPS Private Facebook Group” here and be part of a fantastic group of like-minded professionals navigating their career paths just like you.
· Get notified when new podcast episodes drop. Subscribe on Apple Podcasts here or wherever you listen.
· Let’s stay connected by following me on
Thank you for listening to The Mid-Career GPS Podcast.
Leave a rating and review on Apple Podcasts here.
Visit https://johnneral.com for more information about your leadership and career transition.
Connect with John on LinkedIn here.
Subscribe to John's YouTube Channel here.
Follow John on Instagram @johnneralcoaching.