Exploring the ideas in global health that can save the lives of children with cancer.
23. Saving Lives by Supporting Families: The role of non-profits in cancer care with Bindu Nair of Aroh
What do you do if you don’t have enough money to pay for your child’s cancer treatment? This is one of the difficult questions faced by some families in India today. Answering this question is one of the reasons Aroh, a non-profit that supports families with children enduring cancer treatment, was founded. Today on the […]
22. The Healthcare Labyrinth – exploring the journey to childhood cancer care with Dr. Neha Faruqui and Dr. Ramandeep Arora
How does a child with cancer in India access care? If you’ve ever had an illness that was difficult to diagnose, you know that navigating the medical system can be incredibly frustrating. Bouncing back and forth between doctors, taking time off of work or school, waiting for hours upon hours, all while you don’t feel […]
21. Coronavirus and the Immunocompromised – discussing COVID-19 with Dr. Peter Hotez
20. Collaborating in Africa to Cure Wilms Tumor with Dr. Trijn Israels and Dr. Festus Njuguna
19. The SIOP Global Mapping Project with Dr. Jennifer Geel
How many healthcare professionals in the world are caring for children with cancer? Tap the link for more info: https://siop-online.org/globalmapping/ This is a very important question. How many people are caring for kids with cancer around the world? Where are they located? What regions have few or no doctors available? For a child with cancer, […]
18. It is Wildly Cost Effective to Treat Burkitt Lymphoma in Uganda – a conversation with Dr. Avram Denburg
The bigger questions
Excellent podcast highlighting some of the most important questions facing the global medical community as a whole. Listening to this podcast makes you excited about the future potential of pediatric oncology for underserved populations. Thank you Dr. Zobeck and POINTE for the work you do!