We don't often think of money as a health topic, but being savvy with our finances can not only impact our quality of life, but can be really important in case of a medical emergency. In this episode Dr. Elisa Chiang and I had such a great conversation about Growing a Wealthy Mindset in which we answered the following questions:
- As an ophthalmologist, how did Dr. Chiang become an expert in money management?
- What are the advantages of investing early in life even if you can't invest much?
- Why do women wait until later on in life to start thinking about money management / investing?
- How does mindset affect performance when it comes to money management?
- How can women like us start learning about money management?
- How does coaching help advance our understanding of and strategy for investing?
- What about credit cards? How can they be used to improve your finances?
- Which type of investing is the easiest to get started?
- Is it wise to have a financial advisor? If so, what should we be looking for?
- What are Dr. Chiang's money mindset words of wisdom?
Elisa Chiang is an board certified Ophthalmologist, fellowship trained Oculoplastic surgeon and certified Life Coach. Elisa earned her M.D. and Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Case Western Reserve University. She trained at Northwestern for Ophthalmology and Medical College of Wisconsin for Oculoplastics. She started investing, first in individual stocks as well mutual funds, during medical school and then expanded to real estate during graduate school. Elisa is a certified Life Coach through the Life Coach School. As a Life Coach, Elisa primarily works with health care professionals to work through issues of burnout as well as master their money mindset so they can build wealth and practice medicine on their own terms. She works part time as a physician at Ice Ophthalmology in Painesville, Ohio.
You can find more from Dr. Chiang at:
FB & IG:
Thanks so much for listening!
There's lots more on my website:
If you love the music, check out:
All my love & gratitude to:
my guest: Dr. Elisa Chiang,
my inspiration: my patients,
my idea guy: Edward,
my intro crew: Izzy, Lance & Lucia,
my tech & equipment guy: Pop,
my angel: Susie,
my music & sound guy: Mike VM,
my mascots: Jules & P.S.,
my creative director: Emily,
my love, Michael.