Gun Freedom Radio is an interview-based Talk Radio Show / Podcast, here to bring you all the news in the word of guns, firearms and the Second Amendment.
Co-hosts, Dan & Cheryl Todd and their weekly guests Engage, Educate and Inform on the topics of guns, hunting, sport shooting, politics and issues around the Second Amendment. #GunFreedomRadio
Find more information on GunFreedomRadio.com
GunFreedomRadio EP287 Babes with Bullets with Deb Ferns
Our guest today is Deb Ferns. Deb is the author of Babes with Bullets and Founder of the Women’s Outdoor Media Association (theWOMA.org).
Deb shot a handgun for the first time at age 45 and was instantly “hooked” on shooting a variety of handgun competitions. And now mentors other women to help them discover their own passion and journey.
1) Why would a gal start shooting at age 45 and then start at national women’s shooting program at age 50?
2) Back in 2004 what was the “temperature” like for starting a women’s shooting program? From the industry, from the ranges, etc.
3) What kinds of changes and improvements in the Industry have you seen in the 17 years you’ve been involved in shooting sports?
4) When you started the WOMA, the Women’s Outdoor Media association, was there something specific that sparked it?
5) What is waiting in the future for Babes with Bullets going forward and the Women’s Outdoor Media Association going forward?
GunFreedomRadio EP286 Combat Quilter with Andrew Lee
Our guest today is Andrew Lee. Andrew is an award-winning quilter and combat veteran known as CombatQuilter. He is a 3-time combat veteran with 19 years of combined military service, currently serving in the TN National Guard. Andrew's many convoys, missions, and events while deployed to Iraq have resulted in him having PTSD.
After trying many coping unhealthy mechanisms that just left him emotionally detached and unsatisfied in life, a random comment about taking a couple's quilting class by his wife Kristy, changed his life forever.
1) How did you get started in quilting? And how does quilting help you and others deal with PTSD?
2) Tell us how you were able to design, create and sew your award-winning Iwo Jima Memorial Quilt from the cab of your big-rig truck?
3) How many Quilts of Valor have you made and awarded?
4) What is your most memorable quilt of valor awarded?
5) Your future quilting plans include a Veteran's Quilting Retreat Center?
GunFreedomRadio EP285 How Far Can They Go? with Danny & Cheryl Todd
Our guests today are US!
Our co-hosts, Danny and Cheryl Todd, discuss whether or not our Senators and other "Leaders" can be trusted to implement new and even more restrictive laws over firearms and those who own them.
We recently witnessed the trial of an American Citizen where seated Senators actively manufactured and doctored evidence to be used against that Citizen. These are some of the same people who want to bring forth Red Flag Gun Laws, Universal Background Checks, prohibitive and discriminatory taxes and fees, and other means to separate American Citizens from their Second Amendment Rights to keep and bear arms.
Dan and Cheryl discuss both HR127 and HR30.
Under HR127 the "Leaders" who have written and sponsored would:
Establish a publicly-searchable gun registry containing your most private information
Require you to petition an anti-gun Attorney General for a "license" to possess firearms & ammunition
Further force you to obtain "firearms insurance" from the federal government at a cost of $800 PER YEAR
Ban numerous rifles, AR pistols, shotguns, .50 (or greater) ammo, and any magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds
Slap gun owners with mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines for so-called 'violations' of this proposed legislation
Submit to a psychological examination to determine your mental fitness to own guns
And even have your family members, including your spouse - or even FORMER SPOUSE - interviewed about you (Source https://www.firearmspolicy.org/stop_hr_127)
Under HR30 the "Leaders" including "Illinois Democrat Bobby Rush, as the main sponsor of this bill, which purports to crack down on illegal gun trafficking, however bill is so badly written that it could pose huge legal problems for organizers of JROTC and 4H shooting leagues, as well as summer camps and Scouting organizations that teach marksmanship to young shooters. As well as criminalize simply being a transfer agency or counter worker at a gun store. This bill, were it to become law, would provide an easy way for the Biden administration to turn millions of ordinary, law-abiding gunowners into federal felons — which of course is (seemingly) the point." (Source https://bearingarms.com/patrick-richardson/2021/02/11/gun-trafficking-cripple-legal-market-n40310)
GunFreedomRadio EP284 Sociology and the 2A with John Age
Our guest today is John Age. John is a researcher and the host of The Anomic Age, a weekly show where he interviews guests covering a range of topics from religion and government corruption, to vaccines and media manipulation.
With a ravenous appetite for the truth, John focused heavily on the events of the 1990’s such as Ruby Ridge, Waco, Oklahoma City Bombing, Columbine, etc. that shaped and paved the way for many to willingly give up their Rights. His dogged pursuit of the truth led him to create The Anomic Age in 2018, where he continues to share the truth with others each week.
1) Tell us about the name you chose for your show. What does Anomic mean?
- from anomy or anomie—a term from Émile Durkheim. Basically, it means alienation and purposelessness experienced by a person or a class as a result of a lack of standards, values, or ideals.
- Émile Durkheim, French social scientist who developed a vigorous methodology combining empirical research with sociological theory. He is widely regarded as the founder of the French school of sociology.
2) So much of our contemporary culture seems DESIGNED to be incompatible with what our Founders secured for us, including the 2A. Talk to us about the role of education in the ongoing culture war in the West.
3) Communism is the real virus infecting the nation.
4) The use of COVID as a pretext to submit to the velvet glove of tyranny before the iron fist is revealed.
5) Legacy of eugenics is really the underlying theme that drives most of this.
6) Where can we find a message of hope in all of this?
GunFreedomRadio EP283 The Constitution and The Law with Sheriff Mark Lamb
Our guest today is Sheriff Mark Lamb. Sheriff Lamb was elected as the 24th Sheriff of Pinal County to oversee an Arizona county the size of Connecticut.
As a constitutional conservative, Sheriff Lamb is a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights and the enforcement of all of our laws, and he is determined to protect the rights and freedoms of the people whom he serves.
1) Too many of us do not understand the role of a Sheriff and the important distinction that a Sheriff is not hired or appointed, but is elected by the people he or she serves. Can you talk to us about that?
2) We’ve been hearing a lot about something called The Citizens Posse Program. What is that and why has it been so popular with your constituents?
- The Citizens Posse Program offers a training course designed to show residents the reality of Police Work. In this four hour course, participants will learn the basics of constitutional law, search and seizure, basic firearm safety, home safety, and the use of force. There will also be an option to practice scenarios on our new virtual range with one of our instructors.
3) All over the nation people have given up or had taken from us too many freedoms to count during this past year of the Covid virus outbreak. This has taken a toll on individual lives in ways we aren’t hearing about in the National “news”, but officers see up close and personal. Can you elaborate on that for us?
- Unintended consequences of COVID lockdowns - the Sheriff's office has seen a change in severity and frequency for suicide calls, domestic violence calls, and child abuse calls.
4) Somewhat related to the previous question, drug use is a way that people escape from reality. Drugs are often smuggled into the US at Border States like AZ. What are you seeing in the current drug smuggling trends?
- Fentanyl pills are the number one most intercepted drug right now. As a result, overdose rates from these counterfeit pills are also high. PCSO recently partnered with the AZ National Guard Civil Operations Unit to make overdose reversal drug narcan available for residents for free at three of our substations.
5) We hear quite often that law enforcement officers don’t want the public to have firearms. But you are outspoken in your support of the 2A. Talk to us about that.
6) And, you will be one of our Speakers at the 2021 Rally to Celebrate and Protect our 2A Rights on Saturday, February 20th at the AZ State Capitol from 10:am – 2:pm. Why do you think these kinds of gatherings are important?
7) If you had one thing you wanted to impart to the 8 million brand new first time gun owners across the US, what would it be?
8) You are also an author! Tell us about your new pair of books that you and your wife have authored. "American Sheriff: Traditional Values in a Modern World" & "The Sheriff's Wife".
GunFreedomRadio EP282 Consent of the Governed? with Dave Kopp
Our guest today is Dave Kopp. Dave is the president of the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL), which is where grassroots activists take a stand, working at the Arizona legislature, to get strong pro-rights bills written and passed into law, while stopping bad bills.
The AzCDL is the only Arizona civil liberties organization to get pro-rights bills introduced in every Legislative session.
1) The 2020 Election brought our State of AZ some new changes in the people serving in our Capitol. How does that change in personnel impact the challenges to our 2A Rights?
2) Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution states that “All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights.” There are two key issues in that one sentence. Are either of them still true?
3) Thankfully some of the Bills and Initiatives that get written do not get passed. How can AZ Citizens with jobs, kids, homeschooling duties, etc stay on top of what is being written and how do we have a voice in that process?
3a) Some of the current Bills (good and bad) in our current AZ Legislature:
The number of bills filed has climbed to over 1,400. Key bills that AzCDL is monitoring, and their status, can be found on our Bill Tracking page. It is updated daily. The final day for Senators to file bills is Monday, February 1. For the House, the deadline is Monday, February 8.
Of the 20 firearms related bills that we are monitoring, 15 have been filed by Democrats attacking your right to keep and bear arms. Newly added this week are a couple of Senate bills:
SB 1535 - Would make you a felon if a minor can access your firearm.
SB 1585 - You would be guilty of a Class 1 Misdemeanor for "storing" your firearms without using a trigger lock or placing them in a locked container. There is no explanation of "storing" in the proposed statute or when or where it's supposed to occur. It could mean you need to add a trigger lock before placing your gun in your holster.
On the plus side, the Republicans have filed two more bills supporting your rights:
SB 1361 – Would waive the CCW permit fees for active-duty military, veterans, and current and retired peace officers.
SB 1382 – Would classify ammunition and firearms related businesses as "essential" during a state of emergency.
SB 1328 is almost identical to HB 2111 – “Sanctuary State”
HB 2551 – Carrying in Govt Buildings
4) On our show we say all the time that the 2A is a non-political issue, yet we have to engage in politics and voting to protect it. Can you help make sense of that for us?
5) You will be one of our Speakers at the 2021 Rally to Celebrate and Protect our 2A Rights on Saturday, February 20th at the AZ State Capitol from 10:am – 2:pm. Why do you think these kinds of gatherings are important?
6) If you had one thing you wanted to impart to the 8 million brand new first time gun owners across the US, what would it be?
Customer ReviewsSee All
Great show and guests
I love the show. Very informative and entertaining. I do have one negative, though. It is difficult to listen to while driving. If you could record it a little louder, that would be great!
Gun Freedom Radio Podcast Review
A great podcast full of great information for anyone who is interested in firearms and the firearm industry.
Gun Advertisement Radio
Mostly advertisements for events or actual commercials. I listened to three podcasts and gave each 3 stars. Unsubscribing.