Tee, Ron, Nick, and Brandon play Destiny, the award-winning first person shooter from Bungie. We are nuts for this game, and that is what this podcast is all about: a celebration of Destiny. A podcast for all levels of Guardian, we talk about the latest news from Bungie, what we love (and hate) about Destiny, and what we're looking forward to from upcoming releases. Eyes up, Guardian. Time to give up the Ghost. First round's on us.
Episode 71: The Fireteam Returns with Season of the Lost
To say, it’s been a while would be an understatement. (I looked at the title of our last show and thought “Ouch!”) With technical difficulties overcome, a new job incorporated into the mix, and hopefully a look ahead as to what we are going to talk about, the Fireteam finally return to say “O hai, Guardian! I can haz crozzplay?”
The Fireteam is ready to rock and roll today:
We recorded this episode the first week after the Season of the Lost (and that was when the technical difficulty hit), and the Fireteam is here to give you all first impressions of what will be a VERY long season. We also give you our look at The Witch Queen, along with this bonus episode:
We recorded this “Lost Sector” back in May with Bungie’s Voice Director and friend-of-the-stream, Kevin McMullen. This was the Fireteam’s first attempt to get back into the swing of a schedule; but dramatic changes swung into effect for all of us. So as a way to say “Thank you, Guardians…” for being patient and sticking around with us. here’s a bonus episode where Kevin comes in and shares a look at a creative’s life in lockdown. Thank you, Kevin, for coming into the stream. We hope to have you back again.
What do you think of The Season of the Lost so far? And what are you excited for with The Witch Queen? And how has crossplay changed Destiny for you? Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the Comments below.
00:00 — Episode #071: Welcome to Season of the Lost
* The Fireteam is back!* Tee* Nick* Brandon* Steve
* Steve’s Race for the Descendant* Big props to TheBigMarvinski* One more triumph…* What about these challenges?* 3rd Encounter Challenge: Of All Trades* 1st Encounter Challenger: Red Rover* Stories from the Deep Stone Crypt* How this Race began* Brandon takes a breath from Destiny after picking up the Splicer seal* Nick pulls off a first in getting the Splicer seal all on his own!* Titan loves Overrides* An unexpected hiatus* Returning to the mics because…last week!* Want a 4K background of Sava-THICC?* Looking back on the Season of the Splicer* A perspective on last season’s storytelling* First impressions of Season of the Lost* “Be careful what you wish for, Parker.”* Pacing yourself in the new season (because it’s gonna be a long season)* So much to cover, but let’s take a break!
27:31 — Gnarly Nerd Clothing (Use “HHFTT10” and receive 10% off your order.)
28:50 — Looking Ahead to The Witch Queen
* DrLupo and Intel Gaming: DSC with Orchestral Accompaniment* This is the way I want to game from here on. LOL* Brandon’s musician perspective* Nick will always love this score* Steve was the most meta of the Fireteam…* Man, spacewalking with an orchestra. Not easy…but Lupo could do it.* A moment of Lupo Love
* Marching Band Right!!!* It was a good week for Bungie on Steam last week…* Returning to Season of the Lost* Mara Sov returns* Osiris-sus Revealed* Tee’s got a theory…but is shot down mercilessly.
Episode #70: Welcome to Season of the Chosen
It has been a while since our last podcast. Between holidays, elections, attempted insurrections, inaugurations, and trying to figure out when to schedule a Faucci Ouchie, the Fireteam has been grinding through to reach the Season of the Chosen.
Today, that is what we are here to talk about:
At the time of this recording, the Fireteam has gone through the first week of the Chosen, as well as a Clan Night run in the Deep Stone Crypt. We are, of course talking only the day before Bungie dropped the Dead Man’s Tale quest which Forbes‘ Paul Tassi calls “Bungie at its Best” which, yes, the Fireteam concurs. We will circle around to that and more in our next show.
What do you think of The Season of the Chosen so far? Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at email@example.com, or in the Comments below.
00:00 — Episode #070: Welcome to Season of the Chosen
* We’ve got a few things to talk about on this episode, so buckle in.* PART 1: CLAN NIGHT IN THE DEEP STONE CRYPT * Brandon looks back on Clan Night* If you don’t know what the Deep Stone Crypt is, check out our last show with The Big Marvinski.* Best run to date.* Bungie has set up challenges for the raid, and this one Brandon and Tee faced was Red Rover.* Myth Confirmed: Chaos Mode for the Descent encounter is WAY TOO DAMN FUN!* The Challenges cleared with Current Meta this weekend* Clan Night* Devoid of the Rest (where everyone runs Void)* Red Rover
Take a look at the “Best Of” Moments from Clan Night in the DSC here!
* Why are we clocking in the time with the Deep Stone Crypt?* Running for the Descendant Seal & Title* Tee’s run for this would mark his first-ever raid seal. A set of firsts concerning Tee and raids.* Shout out to the members of Current Meta who ran with us…* Beardo (who, recently, suffered a loss in his family. Our Ghosts shine a little brighter for you, Guardian.)* Danfinity, a last-minute substitution* Jenn* MisterDunes* Swing by Current Meta and see what we are up to!* And a quick shout-out to GuardiansMH, in case you are having a rough go in this weird time we are in.* PART 2: SEASON OF THE CHOSEN* Nick steps in with his copious notes on the new, fresh content from Bungie.* We’re going Cabals-deep, once again.* Caitl and Zavala face off, and she is showing off her tusks. (Cheeky lass.)* Bad things happen when you bend the knee…
* Let’s talk about Battlegrounds!* In the story, it is a ceremony who are looking to ascend to the War Council and Guardians are looking to gum up the works.* Two Battlegrounds introduced:* Behemoth (Nessus) * Hailstone (Europa)* … and coming soon at the time of recording: The Cleansing (now active in the EDZ)* Remember to look BEHIND the loot chest for the bonus chests.* Tee has been super happy with Battlegrounds.* Brandon admits the even gets tough if you’re not mowing down those adds.* This grind feels better than the Wrathborn Hunts. (Both are still better than those stupid towers…)* A few tips on leveling your character* Run for Powerfuls* Run for Pinnacles* Don’t forget: With Battlegrounds,
Episode #69 (Dudes!): Season of the Hunt and the Deep Stone Crypt (with Raid Maestro, TheBigMarvinski)
Tee, TheBigMarvinski, Brandon, and Nick at GuardianCon 2018
What a week your Fireteam has enjoyed, one of many reasons our usual bi-weekly schedule hit a bump. The Season of the Hunt is upon us along with the launch of the long-awaited new raid, the Deep Stone Crypt. And congratulations to those folks from clan Luminous:
* Aoterra * Claw * Flux * Schendzie * SiegeDancers * Sotosolice
…completing this incredible journey of challenges and lore in 5:29:10! Let’s go!!!
And when it comes to raids, TheBigMarvinski is no stranger to the experience, which is why the Fireteam invited him for this episode. If you frequent Tee’s stream, you know Marv has helped Tee become a better Guardian, and now runs with Tee and Brandon in the Deep Stone Crypt. These three in the first week of the raid’s availability have run Europa’s latest challenge several times, and we feature our own perspectives here!
Have you run Deep Stone Crypt? What do you think of it? Enjoying the Wrathborn Hunts? Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the Comments below.
00:00 — Episode #069 (Dudes!): Season of the Hunt and Deep Stone Crypt (with special guest, TheBig Marvinski!)
* Welcome back, Marv!* Who is TheBigMarvinski?* Three-year streamer* Long-time gamer with a penchant for Destiny* Effs up your world when taking on the role of a goose* Jumping in straight away with Marv.* Europa as a sandbox continues to deliver.* Marv thinks the core activities need attention* What is “The Loop” when it comes to Destiny 2* Obtain Pinnacles…* …then go for Powerfuls…* …all while charging the Lure.* Brandon ranks Beyond Light compared to previous DLCs * The New Light Quest: Brandon’s ran it, and he respects it.* Tee derails with politics and hydration.* Enjoying the ride across Europa* Nick chimes in on the resolution of a long-dangling plotline. * Our local loremaster looks at the evolution of Uldren Sov from concept to the Wrathborn Hunts.* We’ve had the Crow on this show, and we have now come full circle.* Tee still has a deep love for Europa* Europa is what Titan should have been.* The deeper we descend into this Jovian moon, the more discoveries we make…* …and the more twisted the mystery becomes.* Tee agrees with Marv on the strange place Crow’s bounties fit into the Daily Grind.* A deeper dive into The Loop* If you’re new, just play the game.* If you’re trying to get Endgame Content ready (i.e. the Deep Stone Crypt), the Loop flows differently.* Play the game, finish the main campaign.* Grind to 1200-1210* Run for Pinnacles* Run for Powerfuls* Marv’s mistake: Going on Weapon Quest too soon.* Brandon’s perspective on the Exotic Quests* Tee, do you need a nap? (We had raided earlier in the morning.)* Behind the scenes with Nolan North who is too good at his job…
* An improvement in exotic quests: An appeal to the casual player.* A missed detail: The lore behind the weapons, the activities, and everything in the game.* This is the Birth of the Exos* READ. THE. LORE.
Episode #68: Blinded Beyond the Light
IT’S FINALLY HERE! Destiny 2: Beyond Light dropped a week ago today, and the Fireteam has come together to sound off on what they think of it. Tee, Nick, Brandon, and special guest Steve Saylor (who felt that it was only just he return to talk about Beyond Light since he was there on Launch Day) deep dive into this latest expansion.
Instead of struggling with DMCA, we went with the raw start. No music. Just us.
In case you missed the 411 on Steve, he’s a voice for accessibility in gaming, sure, and loves Destiny as you experience in Blind Leads the Blind, a special run in the Solar System alongside Tee (and others) that happens on Tee’s stream Thursday nights starting at 7pm ET.
So what do you think of Beyond Light? Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at email@example.com, or in the Comments below; and feel free to leave Steve a message. He’s sultry, you know?
00:00 — Episode #068: Blinded Beyond the Light with Steve “The Blind Gamer” Saylor
* Russians want to make Tee famous! Hot damn!* I wonder if Dreamy Matt Mercer has a nickname for him…and if he doesn’t, we have made one for him!* So, Steve, WHAT’S HAPPENING IN YOUR LIFE?!* One week into Beyond Light…* Steve feels like he’s playing an all-new Destiny while still remaining in the continuing saga of the Destiny Universe.* Brandon feels the push forward from all the previous storytelling and loves this big step Bungie is taking with Destiny.* “We should do more live events.” — Brandon* Tee may have found the expansion that tops Rise of Iron. Europa is a stunning masterpiece of game design, both above and below ground.* Tee’s modest tip: Don’t miss out on the content of Beyond Light while doing the seasonal challenges. * But, Tee, how do you really feel about Stasis?
When @A_dmg04 asks “Hey, Guardians, how are you doing?”Me: pic.twitter.com/1F2U7TyGzQ— Tee Morris (@TeeMonster) November 15, 2020
* Nick takes the mic concerning Beyond Light…* While many of the recent expansions feels formulaic, this one does not, beginning with removing half the map.* A deeper look at Eramis who is turning on machine, turning on the Traveler; and there is a twinge of sympathy for the devil.* The murky lore surrounding the Traveler* Does the Traveler believe in us, or is this entity more about self-preservation? * The Darkness is a very different super from what we are used to, and there are consequences we have not grappled with yet.* A first impression of Stasis* Brandon is enjoying the new subclass, but feels the Hunter version of Stasis is not roaming as the other classes in their control.* Nick is having a good time with the Titan Stasis…provided he knows how to aim himself.* The desire to return to the Light? That’s going to be a character-driven thing.* Steve echoes what Nick and Brandon think — more practice is needed.* A huge selling point for Stasis: making platforms with grenades.* And there’s Nick, looking to start up trouble…
35:18 — Gnarly Nerd Clothing(Use the code “hhftt10” at checkout to get 10% off your order and to support Happy Hour from the Tower)
36:38 — Episode #068: Blinded Beyond the Light with Steve “The Blind Gamer” Saylor (Part II)
Episode #67: Looking Ahead to Beyond Light
With the Festival of the Lost winding down and anticipation building, Destiny 2: Beyond Light is drawing closer and closer. The Fireteam has watched the trailers, enjoyed the various teasers, and even considered some of the speculations online; but today, Tee, Nick, Brandon, and special guest Steve Saylor (who really wanted to come back and actually talk about Beyond Light)
We keep things tight for Episode #67…but the after-show stream focuses on another big event in November.NerdsVote.com if you need additional details on what’s at stake.
You all know Steve as a voice for accessibility in gaming, sure, but Steve is also passionate about Destiny as you see in Blind Leads the Blind, a special run in the Solar System alongside Tee (and others) that happens on Tee’s stream Thursday nights starting at 7pm ET. In this episode, we share our hopes, expectations, and Nick’s copious notes on what is coming in November. Be brave, Guardians. Beyond Light is coming.
Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in the Comments below; and feel free to leave Steve a message. He’ll be back, for sure.
00:00 — Episode #067: Looking Ahead to Beyond Light with Steve “The Blind Gamer” Saylor
* Weren’t we going to talk about Beyond Light in the last episode?* And here’s Pip who really popped in on stream to say “hi” to her new wingman from Ghost of Tsushima: Legends…
* Nice to be able to know the adults can sometimes wear out the teenagers. Let’s goooooooo!!!* Expect TWO highlight reels this week, everyone.* A look back on the week…* Steve is still doing Canadian Black Ops via video games.* Nick is trying to grasp that there is less than a week until Halloween.* Both Nick and Brandon are rocking fine Destiny fashions. Watch the raw stream footage above, or go shopping here. * Tee’s still making progress on Luna’s Howl and enjoying the Haunted Forest (still) while job hunting.* And yes, Tee’s still working through the exhausting (but brilliant) The Last of Us: Part 2.* On the subject of traumatic moments of video games… (Ghost of Tsushima spoiler here.)* On this show, we are going to stay on track…* ….but Brandon knocks us off-topic with a spotlight on our guy, Steve Saylor; and Watchdogs: Legion.* Wait…Nick is getting us back on topic?* First Question to the Fireteam: What are we looking forward to?* Steve: New Revelations, New Locations, and New Supers* Brandon: Silence & Squall (Revenant Weapons), and the new direction of the Bungie Universe* Tee: Entering the Deep Stone Crypt* The Secret of Becoming a Sherpa: Making Mistakes and Dtying a Lot* Nick: Diving into the Lore of Europa* Thank you, Deej.* The new Tutorial character, and ideas for the Destiny soap opera…* 21 November 2020 — a new Raid is coming…* Nick will actually be in town when the new content drops!* Thoughts on Beyond Light‘s latest trailer…
* How Beyond Light is a new “even ground” for all Guardians. * Beyond Light would actually have been Destiny 3 if Activision was still involved. This is a href="https://bungie.
Episode #66: A Different Look at Dungeons with Steve “The Blind Gamer” Saylor
The Blind Gamer, one of those gamers who has two seats in his studio…
We took something of an unintentional break (because, you know, technical difficulties and book deadlines happen…) but once again, we are back to talk about dungeons. Specifically, we’re here to talk about dungeons and their accessibility as we welcome Steve” The Blind Gamer” Saylor back to the podcast, fresh off his September push run in the run for a Moments of Triumph tee-shirt.
This is our second take at Episode #66.We feel good about this one.
Steve is a known and respected voice in accessibility, and with all three dungeons in his rear view, we invited him on the show to talk a bit about the challenges of a dungeon. With Steve’s blindness adding to the challenge of the endgame content, we wanted to know how accessible these three events are.
We then planned to talk about Beyond Light. But…
Share with us your thoughts at 703.791.1701, at email@example.com, or in the Comments below; and feel free to leave Steve a message. He’ll be back, for sure.
00:00 — Episode #066: A Different Look at Dungeons with Steve “The Blind Gamer” Saylor
* Strap in, Brandon, we’re going to have some fun today.* Is Steve Saylor really a “Special Guest” at this point? He’s a regular fixture on the stream at the very least!* Tee’s branching out and trying new games…
* Join Tee and Phil Rossi (along with Brandon Kelly) on Thursday nights (10 PM ET) for the Phasmophobia Scream Stream. * No really, this IS a Destiny podcast.* Some things you should know about this Prophecy run:* Steve had his eyes on the prize. (No, really, he did.) * The base power level to run Prophecy is 1050, according to Bungie, although players suggest 1060.* Steve’s power level when he ran it was…wait, what?* If you want to see why Steve has two seats in his office, check out his Only Fans.* The definition of a close shave:
In today’s #Prophecy run with @thebigmarvinski and @stevesaylor, @TeeMonster knew he cut it close near the end of this final fight.He didn’t know it was *this* close. pic.twitter.com/2VN6foCoKv— HHFTT Podcast (@HHFTTPodcast) September 5, 2020
* Brandon, the Great Enabler* And yes, Steve got his Moments of Triumph shirt, thanks to Danfinity.* Brandon sets it up: What are dungeons?* Dungeons can be best described as “half-Raids” for the uninitiated.* Shattered Throne, located in the Ascendant Plane the Dreaming City* The Pit of Heresy, located on the Moon* Prophecy, located in Infinite Space* Steve’s Favorite: The Pit of Heresy (which is Brandon’s, as well)* Prophecy has a lot of multi-tasking in comparison to Pit of Heresy* However, Pit of Heresy has a focus as well as a challenge.
Fun & Informative
I don't play Destiny (yet) but I have been sorely tempted to break my no gaming rule (I get obsessed) for this one game. This podcast is entertaining, informative and just a lot of fun with the different hosts/opinions. Give it a whirl & you won't be sorry!
Fire Team Tee
This is a fun podcast to listen to. As a Destiny solo player I really enjoy the content. The guys play well off each other and I am listening to every episode even though we are already into Destiny 2.
Love these three guys
Nick, Tee and Brandon run a tight ship, talking about Destiny. Fun and informative, with great guests. Loved the episode with Courtenay Taylor (Amanda Holliday) and Cissy Jones (Sloane)