Why do more people suffer from mental illness now than ever before? In this episode, Dr. Gabor Maté and Jeff discuss the premise that disease in our society is actually a normal consequence of a toxic social system driven by short-term profits over long-term human health.
In this episode we cover:
- The four psychological needs of healthy children
- Why attachment and authenticity are so imporant
- How your emotions and immune system are connected
- The social and psychological roots of disease
- Obstacles and pathways to healing
Learn about Commune and check out all our health, nutrition, and functional medicine courses free for 14 days at onecommune.com/trial.
Learn more about Gabor Mate's new book, The Myth of Normal, at https://drgabormate.com/book/the-myth-of-normal/
This podcast is supported by BetterHelp. COMMUNE listeners get 20% off their first month at BetterHelp.com/Commune.