What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
Kara Goldin left her Vice President job at AOL to launch Hint Water with one simple goal: Make water that tastes great.
Finding herself overweight, with low energy + adult acne, Kara discovered her diet soda habit was the culprit. To entice herself to drink water in its place, she added “hints” of fruit flavor to plain water. This was the inspiration behind the fastest growing, #1 flavored water in America: Hint.
Today, Kara shares how she uses rejection as motivation, balances work with raising her four children and how “success” looks different for each of us. Get your favorite Hint Water ready because this conversation will have you racing forward with ferocious optimism!
Huffington Post listed her as one of six disruptors in business, alongside Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg. Teamwork: Growing up with five siblings, two over 15 years older than her, she had great role models. As a leader in the community, Kara's mother taught her to "love what you're doing" while her dad was an innovator for the brand Healthy Choice. "Just go for it. Stop worrying about what could happen. Instead, enjoy the journey." Kara encourages us all to look at our accomplishments to be reminded of our own success, including friendships. "Passion trumps experience." Learn more about Hint Water. Get a copy of Kara Goldin's book Undaunted. KARA GOLDIN'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Originals by Adam Grant.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Curiousity.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? At 13-years-old, my mom kept a journal of her experience during the Depression.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? While moving to New York, my dad asked me, "what's the worst that could happen?"
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? It's okay to not know what you ultimately want to do.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She pursued a life of purpose + passion, was a great parent + friend and enjoyed life.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
Pre-order your copy of IN AWE today to receive access to fun, interactive bonus features emailed to you in the lead-up to the book’s release! Visit ReadInAwe.com.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.
Live Inspired with John daily on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram + get his Monday Motivation email.