Tisha Schuller welcomes Matt Gallagher to the Energy Thinks Podcast to discuss Matt’s leadership vision for the oil and gas industry.
Tisha and Matt sit down to discuss:
· Gallagher’s proposed “Shale New Deal”
· Three shortcomings the oil and gas industry must address
· Gallagher’s new endeavor, Greenlake Energy Ventures
· Testing professional and personal values after a turbulent 2020
Matt is a third-generation oil man who was most recently President and CEO of Parsley Energy. After Pioneer Natural Resources bought Parsley Energy in 2020, Matt founded Greenlake Energy Ventures to invest in and develop reliable and affordable energy sources that also are sustainably operated. Matt serves on the Board of Directors for Pioneer Natural Resources and Chesapeake Energy Corporation. Matt holds a Petroleum Engineering degree from the Colorado School of Mines.
· Wall Street Journal, “Young Shale CEO Asks Texas to Curb Oil Output as Coronavirus Cuts Prices. (https://www.wsj.com/articles/young-shale-ceo-asks-texas-to-curb-oil-output-as-coronavirus-cuts-prices-11586692837)”
Subscribe here for Tisha's weekly "Both Things Are True" email newsletter.
Follow all things Adamantine Energy at www.energythinks.com.
Thanks to Lindsey Gage, Michael Tanner, and Scott Marshall who have made the Energy Thinks podcast possible.
[Interview recorded on April 21, 2021]