Entrepreneurs and business owners typically "build their plane as they fly it." While this is often unavoidable in the beginning, as you start to build it is a dangerous way to scale your endeavor. Join Jennifer Gardella, PhD for 20 minutes of Monday fun as she takes her business from a Hot Mess to Great Success as she cleans up the behind the scenes of her business operation. When Jennifer stepped off the Tedx stage she vowed to get her act together, and now she shares her journey and inspires you to take steps big and small yourself. Hear her goals for financial management, sales success, client delivery, staff interactions, and marketing expertise.
Welcome to Episode 18!!
1. When an idol disappoints you
Have you ever followed an idol into a program only to realize that their success and fame has led them to follow their rules rather than help you out? I recently enrolled in a lower end course with a woman who I had long admired. I was disappointed with the content right from the start - repurposed videos from a conference she ran - I'm usually ok with this but now when the conference references topics that are not discussed in the course.
Want to join Clickfunnels?
OFA Challenge Link
Get Moving On ClickFunnels Now!
2. Having an escape route.
I am a firm believer that when you want something in life you have to really go for it. Having an escape route can block some of the universal energy you need. Instead of a chicken exit put time into planning and moving your enterprise forward. Learn here how I recently saw the possibility of a chicken exit and how it influenced me.
3. What is PSI Seminars and what I learned.
If you look up PSI Seminars on the internet you might find some information claiming it is a cult - my experience was anything but that! Listen up as I talk about the major concepts that I was introduced to for the first time in my life! I attended the courses over 10 years ago yet still use my notebook constantly! Visit PSI Seminars by clicking here!
Episode 17: Gratitude; Easy Blogging; Drama Be Gone!
2. Easy ways to blog
3. Shutting off the drama beacon
If you feel a little lack, maybe you need to show a little gratitude? Money - love - friendships - whatever it is that is not abundant, perhaps you can start to give thanks for what you do have in that area. Hear how Jen gives thanks every single day...in her own way. How she learned to say thank you to ex's for all they brought to her life. And how those feelings of gratitude can turn any situation into one of Arigato.
2. Blogging the easy way - is there actually an easy way to blog. Jen explains how an app can get you blogging on any topic if you take few minutes to get organized. She has been using a voice recorder to blog for some time and with the help of www.otter.ai is learning to perfect the process. You outline a bit, record, have it transcribed, edit right in your blog and post! The process takes practice but is worth every single second of it!
Topic #3: When your drama beacon is on. Jen explains how someone recently thought it was ok to intrude into her texts and unload a bit of drama in her direction. Why people meddle remains a complete mystery! Jen shares that years ago she worked with Michele Granberg and uncovered that she was turning on her drama beacon - attracting drama into her life. Learn how this could happen and more importantly what Jen does to turn it off.
When others feel that they can intrude in your life...well it just might be a drama beacon problem.
Episode 16: Values, Connecting and Delegating
Welcome to Episode 16 of the podcast Hot Mess to Great Success.
Values of your company.
How to delegate
The Values of Your Company:
Are you not attracting the right types of clients and employees? Get a Grip, Scaling Up, Unf*ck Your Business - all the experts are talking about the values of your company and then infuse them into everything: day-to-day operations, marketing, Tomas Keen who is the author of Unf*ck Your Business does a brilliant job of how to do this with authentic examples.
Mentioned: Sue Guiher: https://www.thrivingentrepreneur.com/ - her program helped me clarify my three core values of integrity, uniqueness and courage.
The Values of The Gardella Group: Integrity, Humbly competent, Reliable, Balanced, Authentic, and Unique.
Your number of connections and likes are just vanity metrics - they don't make you 'happy' or give you peace...dollars or any sort of actual friendship. How about send thank you notes, schedule calls, thank you gifts when someone supports your business in a big way.
Big concept from EOS - just start with a list somewhere - in your work journal maybe. I keep a list in the front of the binder I use to organize the work of my day. In his book, Tom Keenan makes the argument that tasks have assigned values to them and a CEO should be working on higher dollar tasks.
Episode #15: Zero to do with you – Google Changes – EOS
1. It has nothing to do with you
2. Keeping up with Google's Changes
3. How EOS is changing my business
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!
As I have and will ALWAYS mention...the way others act has almost nothing to do with you. It is as shocking as it is freeing to hear - and then finally accept - this nugget of wisdom. I worked closely with The Possibility Coaches in Buckingham, PA who, through their brilliance finally got me to accept this fact. When you feel left out, rejected, inappropriately treated, disrespected,...it has zippo do with you. Someone may fail to obey the rules of your home, be kind, say thank you...and ya know what...it has zippo do with you. They are operating with their own set of limiting beliefs. In your professional life - if you are working as hard as you can - and a client still calls to scream - it probably has nothing to do with you - for all you know their spouse just served them with divorce papers.
You can not fill in the cracks of someone else's life - they have been programmed by forces that are greater than you in their life that include the idea that you may be insignificant. Operate with integrity (remember there are no levels...there is just integrity) and unconditional love. Make your boundaries known and clear to all. This will transform your life.
2. How do you Keep up with Google Changes. If you are running a business, you know that SEO is important, but you've probably figured out that it's really hard to keep up on the changes and maintain your Google ranking your SEO. How do you keep up with all of the changes? Follow the experts! If you have questions or want to know whom to follow...book a call with me and we can get you on the right path.
3. Update on how my own hot mess is coming along. I AM MAKING PROGRESS! I'm implementing EOS (thanks again to Amy Porterfield). New clients are rolling in - not as a direct result of any one thing I am doing, but instead I believe it is because I am showing the universe I'm getting it together. I'm in a position to be hiring new staff and have, for the first time, put out a job description with the values I operate with so it is clear from the start the type of people I will hire. Big projects are moving along...in big ways. Getting stuff done! My marketing is shaping up, I'm starting to look more coordinated, delegating so I do not get stuck,
Episode 14: Unconditional Love, No Short Cuts, Fear of Success
Welcome to Episode 14
Fear of Failure or Fear of Success
Act unconditionally: As I have been feeling unappreciated by many people in my life, I have FINALLY learned to look at my actions as unconditional. If you do things with unconditional love, then you just can not be disappointed when others do not appreciate or even acknowledge your efforts - brush it off. You didn't do it for the parade, you did it because you wanted to. And, the sister act of this - their inability to acknowledge or appreciated is a deep problem within them has...ready...NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU! Infusing love, especially unconditional love into everything that you do will completely spin your world.
Possibility Coaches in Doylestown PA
2. No Shortcuts: There is no way you can write all of your social media content for the year in one hour - you can not write 10 blogs in 30 minutes. There are plenty of "systems" that promise crazy outcomes. But they don't work. Just in my example of creating social media content - for me, being very organized - takes hours. By the way, if you ever need to talk with me about your SEO, Digital Marketing, Social Media or Blogging - please book a gratis call with me so we can set you on a path towards systems and clarity.
3. Fear of Failure or Fear of Success: Are you scared of success? To many this may sound INSANE! How being successful can be scary...so scary it might just keep you small? Click To Tweet Your systems, family, friends....could it be too much? Do the people in your life need you staying small?
Stacy Raske can be found here.
Thanks so much for joining me - I not only appreciate your time I am truly honored you would choose to spend your time with me.
Episode 13: How do you Get a Ted Talk, Telling Your Story, Knowing Your Why
Welcome back for Episode 13!!
Telling Your Story
How I got my Ted Talk
Getting clear on your Why
Topic #1: How I Got My Ted Talk
I had a compelling story and a fantastic intro and I was not scared to share it.Click To Tweet
Here is the link to Safe Harbor
The story I wanted to tell was about the peace I had with my ex-husband and how I now use that peace to honor his memory for our three daughters.
John and I had met at Fordham University...they were running a Ted on Breaking down Barriers...
Topic #2: How are you going to tell your story?
You have to be ready to put your story out there
You have to be authentic and vulnerable.
Don't share just because you think you have to - share to connect.
Make a list!
Topic #3: Your Why
My why is because my girls are watching & I want to build something that's amazing.