DR. Scott Behson is the author of the book, THE WHOLE-PERSON WORKPLACE: Building Better Workplaces through Work-Life, Wellness, and Employee Support.
The Whole-Person Workplace provides advice and custom-fit solutions for the post-pandemic workplace by empowering employers and managers to support employees and the full range of their work-life challenges. In this new world flexibility is key as companies negotiate a return to the workplace or a hybrid or work-from-home structure. Dr. Behson shares the following with us:
• Supporting employees through the post-pandemic transition by building a workplace with effective employee onboarding, training, and easy-to-implement physical and mental wellness programs
• Aiding working parents with parental leave and child-care solutions while enabling caregivers to take time-off to ensure loved-ones are properly cared for
• Managing a flexible hybrid workplace that meets the needs of both remote and in-person employees and ensuring fairness for all – including the company
• Valuing all employees (including hourly, blue-collar, and part-time workers) as “whole people” and crafting custom-fit solutions for each group to include flex-schedules and no-nonsense compensation and benefits
• Building safe workplaces that celebrate the value of personal-identity and promote diversity and inclusion to achieve a healthy workplace culture
• Encouraging and supporting volunteerism and adult education programs