“Fyli stands for ‘tribe’ in Greek and ‘family’ in Latin,” explains Jaclyn “Jax” Brennan, founder of Fyli, a private support network for female founders. Just as the U.S. locked down, Jax acted as a conduit for connection, reaching out to every mastermind she knew to create 150 online masterclasses, and offered them to beginner founders at no cost. Fyli soon evolved into its current model, and when collaborating with new businesses, Jax asks herself not only how they align with her mission, but what she can offer them. Leading with an abundance mentality means recognizing that there is room for everyone, and the more people who elevate a vision, the better the results.
Certain boundaries are crucial, though. Your own community should hold you accountable to the boundaries you’ve set for yourself. Young women need to make ‘intentional asks’ for what they want. Keep your expectations realistic. Success doesn’t happen overnight.
Join the conversation to find out why the word ‘no’ shouldn’t hurt, how to execute a partnership properly and to hear what Fyli does to help find you support even if their network isn't for you. Don't miss this episode that every female entrepreneur should get in on.
• “When we all bring our best to the table together we move mountains.” (7:30-7:34 | Jax)
• “When you are a startup founder, you can’t expect to take a salary in Year 1, 2, or even 3. It takes time to build. If you come from an abundance mindset and you have a plan and strategy, step-by-step is how you get there. It doesn’t happen overnight.” (18:21-18:39 | Jax)
• “The way I approach partnerships now is ‘How do we both win?’ The most important thing to know when building a partnership is their win. Of course, they care about what you want, but it’s really about what they want and what success looks like to them." (22:11-22:27 | Jax)
• “The power of saying ‘No,” and respecting your time and your boundaries when you’ve got to put blinders on, because there are only a certain amount of hours in a day, it’s hard. But it’s something we need to talk more about.”(26:11-26:23 | Jax)
• “You have to show up to a partnership ready to give and deliver.” (22:38-22:45 | Jax)
Connect with Jaclynn (Jax) Brennan:
Instagram | http://www.instagram.com/jaclynnbrennan
Website | http://www.fylitribe.com
Please don't forget to rate, comment, and subscribe to Dear FoundHer on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts!
You can now work with Lindsay 1:1 to build the community for your personal brand or company through the same method she used to grow and scale her business. Fill out the form here and set up a FREE 30-minute consultation.
You can also:
• Take Lindsay's FREE 7-Day Social Media Challenge
• 5 Tips and Tools to Set Up Your Business
• Follow Lindsay on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lindsaypinchuk
Use code FoundHer for 50% off your first month with both HiveCast and Fireside
Podcast production and show notes provided by HiveCast.fm
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.