Moderator Paul Shearer and host Anthony Gahan of IPSX lead a conversation on data, looking at how changes and innovations in data collection, technology and analysis are altering the course of commercial real estate. Paul and Anthony are joined by Simon Hughes (Liquid Real Estate Innovation Limited), Jack Sibley (Nuveen), and Oli Farago (Coyote).
● Data and its relationship with the future of commercial real estate.
● The state of data in commercial real estate; it’s usefulness, relevance, and volume available.
● Does the nature of commercial real estate as a private asset market class hinder the proliferation of data?
● Anthony explores the relationship between IPSX as a stock exchange and data sets that will emerge from securities that are admitted to trading .
● Oli discusses the quality versus quantity of data out there in the commercial real estate industry.
● Has the modern ‘data deluge’ developed for the right reasons? How should it be used?
● How will data change the relationship between buyers, sellers and the balance of knowledge when going into deals?
● How do you ensure data accuracy and transparency?
● Encouraging innovation, clarifying data and data strategies.
● The value data adds, and how it adds that value.
Anthony Gahan is Chairman and founder of IPSX - the world’s first securities exchange dedicated to commercial real estate. He brings his 30 years of experience as an investment banker to the table. He has worked at Robert Fleming and Co, Lehman Brothers and is a founding partner of Wyvern, the London Investment Banking firm and is a non executive director at Maru group a technology-enabled, International Insight services group. Anthony is also the host for this IPSX sponsored podcast. https://www.ipsx.com/
Paul Shearer has worked extensively in both TV and Radio in front of and behind the camera as an actor, writer and presenter and script editor. He has written and presented video work on commercial property for consulting real estate agents GVA Bilfinger as well as Capita Real Estate. http://www.paulshearer.com/
Simon Hughes is an industry leader, recognised for innovation and transformation across the built environment.Until recently, Simon led the innovation agenda for Arcadis, a global design and consultancy for natural and built assets. Simon is also founder of 'Jell Consulting' a consultancy that develops innovation and market strategies across multiple sectors. https://www.jellconsulting.co.uk/
Jack Sibley leads Nuveen Real Estate’s initiative to embrace technological innovation, change and disruption within its tomorrow’s world philosophy. His focus includes analysis and solutions for how technology is changing what end-users want from real estate, proactive engagement with PropTech start-ups and disruptors, and leveraging emerging technologies such as Big Data & AI. These efforts are integrated into Nuveen Real Estate’s investment process, driving asset selection, asset management and portfolio resilience. https://www.nuveen.com/
Oli Farago is the CEO and Co-Founder of Coyote. He has been fundamental in scoping, designing and developing Coyote since its beginning in 2009. In fact, for the first three years of Coyote’s journey, he wrote every line of code himself. Prior to Coyote, Oli was one of the founding partners and CTO of M7 Real Estate. https://coyotesoftware.co.uk/