It is so easy to be busy rather than productive in today's world. With so many notifications and things screaming for attention, oftentimes, we could simply spend an entire day being busy without getting anything done.
So how can we focus on the impactful and make the most of our days?
In this episode of The Personal Excellence Podcast, I share
* 6 tips to be productive, not busy
* Why you should not start your day with chat [1:25]
* How to separate communication between inner circle loved ones and others [4:50]
* Why I turn off alerts and notifications [8:21]
* How to deal with incoming emails, alerts that you need to respond to [10:59]
* Starting your day with a priority to-do list [12:44]
* Why you shouldn't beat yourself up when you go off task [14:49]
* Using batching to group similar tasks [17:07]
* How to create your 80/20 to-do list [20:32]
* Using a "Will do" list to defer incoming tasks [20:32]
* The importance of delegating [21:59]
* Why delegating was my Achilles heel in the past [22:42]
* 3 factors I used to determine when to delegate [25:05]
* 5 questions to ask yourself in a weekly/bi-weekly audit [29:16]
* Asking ourselves WHY, WHAT, and HOW as we live consciously [30:20]
Listen to the podcast via my online player,
Amazon Music, or subscribe directly to my RSS feed.
The Personal Excellence PodcastShow Menu Podcast Subscription Menu Listen on iTunesListen on SpotifyListen on GoogleListen on TuneInListen on CastboxListen on PocketCastsListen on OvercastSubscribe via RSSHow To Be Productive, Not BusyShow Podcast Information
If you've found The Personal Excellence Podcast useful, I'd really appreciate it if you can leave an honest rating and review on iTunes. Your review makes a difference and will help spread the message of conscious living to the world. Thank you!
How To Be Productive, Not Busy [Transcript]
Welcome to The Personal Excellence Podcast. The show that's all about helping you be your best self and live your best life. Now, your host, Celestine Chua!
Celestine Chua: Hey everyone. That is Celes from PersonalExcellence.co. Welcome back to the podcast!
Today I want to talk about productivity -- specifically how to be productive, not busy. I feel that in today's world, it is so easy to be busy rather than to be productive. That's because we have so many notifications, alerts, to-dos, things screaming for attention. Oftentimes, when we are not aware, when we are not conscious of it, we could simply spend an entire day just doing things,