Wendy Suzuki, Ph.D.: “[Moving your body] is like giving your brain a bubble bath of fantastic neurochemicals that make you feel better.”
Suzuki, a neuroscientist and brain plasticity researcher, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to make your anxiety work for you, plus:
- How to turn stress into resilience
- How to use affirmations to help with anxiety
- Why you should talk about your vacations
- How making smoothies can be meditative, plus her go-to recipe
- The best type of exercise to grow new brain cells
Referenced in the episode:
- Suzuki's book, Good Anxiety.
- Read more about Suzuki's 10-minute exercise experiment at NYU.
- A study showing a single bout of exercise can improve attention and executive performance.
- A study on the power of positive thinking for improving mood.
- Read more about Patricia Moreno and intenSATI.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.