Leland Stillman, M.D.: “People who have sleep issues need to fix their light environment as aggressively as possible.”
Stillman, a functional medicine doctor, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss how to use light to your advantage, plus:
- How to mitigate the effects of looking at a screen all day
- Why you should get morning light without glasses or contacts
- How dim light can contribute to anxiety
- How to tell if your blue light blockers are working
- How light affects your gut & skin microbiome
Referenced in the episode:
- Sperti Vitamin D Sunlamp.
- A red light panel option.
- Iris and f.lux computer apps.
- Ra Optics blue light blockers.
- Safe Living Technologies EMF meter.
- A study on the link between dim lighting and anxiety.
Enjoy this episode! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org.