Human Resources is a critical function that can make or break an organization. Optimization expert, Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D. and Human Resources expert Bill Brewer, CCP know how to bring out the best in leaders. Together, they host this podcast. Each guest provides crucial HR optimization strategies to immediately implement in the workplace.
How to Optimize Workforce Innovation and Direction
Guest: Kathy Mandato, CHRO Email: email@example.com
Hosts: Rosalene Glickman, PhD and Bill Brewer, CCP
Overview: Entertainment industry chief human resources executive Kathy Mandato discusses how to optimize workforce innovation and direction with hosts, Rosalene Glickman and Bill Brewer.
About Kathy Mandato: With more than 25 years’ experience in Human Resources, Kathy Mandato builds strong cultures, elevates talent, while scaling and transforming companies. Her background includes serving as the Chief Human Resources Officer for WarnerMedia Entertainment and Direct-to-Consumer.
Prior to joining WarnerMedia, Kathy advised technology startups including Snap, Inc. where she served as the VP of Human Resources. Before joining Snap, Kathy was at NBCUniversal for six years, serving as Executive Vice President, Human Resources for NBC Entertainment, Universal Television Studio, Universal Cable Productions, and HR Shared Services. She joined NBC in 2011 from Comcast Entertainment Group where she served as SVP of HR for three prominent cable networks.
Previously Kathy was Head of Human Resources for DreamWorks SKG and was part of the team that took the animation division public in 2004. She then served as Head of Human Resources for DreamWorks Animation for three years before joining Comcast and E! Entertainment.
Kathy began her career with agencies including BBDO Worldwide where she served as VP of New Business Development and Communications for the Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Atlanta offices.
Kathy received her B.S. degree in journalism and mass communications with a minor in public relations from Kansas State University. She lives in Los Angeles.
Why You Have to Check Out This Podcast
- How to optimize goal setting and progress updates with employees and the entire team.
- Why you must coach each direct report to bring out their best.
- How to ensure all employees understand their role and responsibilities.
- Leverage innovation as you prepare HR for where the organization will be in five years.
- What it means to have “work athletes” who will optimize valuable change and disruptive innovation.
- Respectful leadership styles that value expertise, encourage creativity, and achieve responsible team performance.
- Optimize the labor force while carefully balancing technology with employee empowerment.
- Understand how an organization deploys a voice of reason as it moves through its challenges.
Discover What "The Best" Means to Your People
Cindy Ballard, CHRO Linkedin URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cindyjballard/
Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D. and Bill Brewer, CCP
Entertainment industry chief human resources executive Cindy Ballard discusses how to discover what the best means to your people with hosts, Rosalene Glickman and Bill Brewer.
About Cindy Ballard
Cindy Ballard is an accomplished Human Resources executive. She leads media companies design, implements and accelerates their transformation and HR strategies. Cindy is currently the CHRO at Streamland Media.
Previously, Cindy partnered closely with ICM Partners’ executive leadership team and was responsible for all facets of HR, including corporate culture, talent performance, planning and development, organizational design, HR analytics, health and welfare benefits, and compensation. She built the HR function from the ground up and was instrumental in advancing the diversity, inclusion and gender equity agendas.
Cindy previously served as Chief Human Resources Officer for Tribune Publishing where she led HR across ten media companies covering 7,000 employees.
Before that, Cindy was Senior Vice President of Global HR for 20th Century Fox where she managed international and domestic activities for the company’s Worldwide Distribution Group, which employs 2,500 employees in more than 31 countries.
Earlier in her career, Cindy served as Senior Vice President of HR for Initiative Media, a global agency and in various leadership capacities with Borders Group, where she also designed and implemented a corporate diversity program.
Cindy recently received the Top Human Resources Executive of Southern California award and The Most Powerful and Influential Woman award from the Diversity Council of Southern California.
Why You Have to Check Out This Podcast
- Why HR leaders need to break norms in order to yield the best results from their people during crises such as the pandemic.
- How to establish a safe work environment that respects vulnerability.
- How to create a human connection with each employee and produce optimum employee engagement.
- The deliberate steps to discover what “the best” means to your people.
- How to be a leader that empowers your people to be their best.
- Why the CHRO is as critical passing through the pandemic as the CFO was passing through the global financial crisis.
How to Be A Best Place to Work
Guest: Doug Balsbough
Overview: Aerospace and defense chief human resources executive Doug Balsbough discusses establishing the right environment for people to contribute their best.
Doug Balsbough is a top Human Resources executive from the Aerospace and Defense industry. His background includes serving as Chief Human Resources Officer for Raytheon Technologies leading all aspects of human capital management through the merger of United Technologies Corporation and Raytheon Corporation, while leading a $70B business with 195,000 associates. Mr. Balsbough had previously served as Chief Human Resources Officer for United Technologies’ Collins Aerospace and UTC Aerospace Systems. He has also held senior human resource positions at Carrier Corporation for its residential business and its Latin American operations based in Brazil.
Throughout his career, he developed expertise in all facets of human resource management. In recent years, Mr. Balsbough has leveraged this experience to successfully integrate large scale acquisitions, with a focus on cultural change and creating high performance teams. His professional career began in the U.S. Army, where he served as a Black Hawk helicopter pilot. Mr. Balsbough holds a bachelor’s degree from the United States Military Academy at West Point and an MBA from Columbia University.
Why you have to check out today’s podcast:
• Learn how to establish the right environment for people to contribute their best, considering;
b. giving the employee a voice.
c. the power of listening.
d. avoiding micromanagement.
• Discover how to empower your team to contribute their best and “back brief” goal accomplishment.
• Understand how to leverage the business and industry, including the macrotrends, to best position HR and the business for the future.
• Leverage your desire to make a difference to best impact an organization.
• Deploy a merger or acquisition to optimize efficiency and customer experience.
• Learn how to deploy human capital solutions to become a “best places to work” environment.