Warrigal won the 2018 National Award for Aged Care Provider of the Year from ACSA (Aged and Community Services Australia).
On this journey, they also won the 2018 Aged Care Provider of the Year NSW/ACT. David McDonald, a Warrigal employee, was also awarded the 2018 ACSA Aged Care Employee of the Year Award. This was in recognition of the dedication and contribution of an individual employee in the delivery of services to older people.
Do you want to know how Warrigal became the provider of the year?
What is it that they are doing differently?
Shiva Gopalan, Warrigal's Manager of Wellness & Lifestyles, joins us to discuss this and more.
In this interview we cover:
- What were the criteria they were assessed against?
- How their focus on signature behaviours drives performance
- How decisions are aligned to their overall vision and mission
- The top things they focus on in workforce, communication
- The staff reorganisation that has lead to improved staff retention and better outcomes for residents, and
- Some of the specific innovation projects they've been working on
You don't work in aged care?
Some of the management practices they implemented can be applied to any workplace in any industry. You will get plenty of ideas from this interview!
They can be found here http://www.warrigal.com.au/whats-on-at-warrigal/blog/ as well as on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/warrigalcommunities/
Find us at http://agedcareexecutive.com.au/, https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-aged-care-executive-podcast/ and on Facebook
Relax by Simon More https://soundcloud.com/user73416670 CC BY 3.0 Music provided by Music for Creators https//youtu.be/yoKFVEmPHmw