The very, very squiggly story of how we became a home educating family, including:
• How we ended up at financial rock-bottom as 30 year olds (with two young children).
• How despite that we’ve made it possible to always have at least one of us not working and at home with the children.
• How we found the experience of attending three different schools across two different countries.
• How a serious chronic illness threatened to derail our life plans, but actually helped keep us on the right path.
• How our first attempt at homeschooling was an exhausting mess.
• How we started de-schooling ourselves, and eventually settled into unschooling.
You know how you look at those families online and say ‘wow, life has been so easy for them - no wonder they can make a lifestyle like that work’?
Yeah, that's not us.