Historically, organizations have operated with an overly simplistic view of what motivates people.
They had little understanding of how important belonging is, how to build esteem, or how important it is to be sensitive to individual needs.
But if 2020 taught us anything, it’s that we must be human first.
We talked with Gianna Driver, Chief People Officer at BlueVine, about leading with compassion, empathy, and understanding.
We also talked about:
- What 2020 taught us about empathy and how to lean in to those lessons.
- How to keep human first values top of mind as we go back to “the new normal.”
- How to operationalize individual needs at scale.
- What ingredients a culture needs to help its employees realize their potential.
- How to train and practice core competencies like resilience.
For the entire interview, subscribe to HR Superstars on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Stitcher. Or, tune in on our website.