Podcast by Steven Brandes
#95. Big Ring Origins, Part 3: High Performance Coaching
The final installment of Big Ring Origins and the path that Coach Steve has taken for his coaching. This was unquestionably the most intense chapter of coaching, but the one with the biggest reward, learning, and challenges.
USAT High performance
A lot of good moments and frustrations along the ways
#94. Lionel Sanders Hour Record, PTO Daytona, COVID AZ 70.3, IRONMAN Florida
Coach Steve is joined with Coach Jason Lentke from Toro Performance https://www.toroperformance.net/
In the podcast, we discuss:
1) His race and experience at the Arizona 70.3. This is the first 70.3 in the US since Covid hit and he talks about how the pre-race and race went, and how he took 2nd Overall!
2) Lionel Sanders demonstrated how strong he is by crushing the Canadian Hour Record as well as beating Jen Voight's Hour Record. Incredible effort by Lionel! How will this translate to Daytona?
3) Jason and Coach Steve talk about the dynamics that we see playing out at the PTO Daytona race with so many ITU athletes versus long distance athletes. We make our picks!
4) Lastly, we talk about IRONMAN Florida and will it be a Heather Jackson and Sam Long domination? Or will we see Cody Beals, Matt Hansen, or Chris Leiferman take the win?
We are excited to see racing back!
#93. Off Season Training Strategies
In this episode of Inside The Big Ring, Coach Steve talks about how to manage the offseason, mainly October through maybe December.
What workouts to do?
What to focus on?
What common mistakes are made?
This podcast is short and sweet.
#92. Athlete Development: Part 1
In this podcast, Coach Steve talks through the development and planning for one of his athletes.
He talks about the strengthens and limiters, the workouts they will be focusing on.
If you are interested in coaching, check out https://insidethebigring.org/coaching
#91. Running Cadence/Length and Training Load Mistakes
In this podcast, Coach Steve talks about
1) How running cadence and stride length are important for maximizing speed
2) How too much or too little training load will effect performance
#90. QnA: Key Bike and Run Workouts
This question and answer is geared towards if you are feeling like you've plateaued, which type of sessions you should do for the bike and run to break out of it.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Insightful and informative
Great insight into triathlon with a entertaining approach!
You can wax my chain
Great triathlon discussion revolving around relevant topics. Good stuff!
Has a nice ring to it
Steve doesn’t lie about the size of his ring. Very informational, but he still hasn’t answered my question about his secret sauce.