In today’s episode we welcome back previous guest, friend of the show and all-round CFD expert, Patrick Hanley.
The last time Patrick was on the show we spoke about his experience as an independent CFD software vendor. This time we’re hearing about his adventures designing “flying cars” as part of the mobility startup Terrafugia.
We cover a lot of ground, including, but not limited to:
• How speed of execution is critical in the sprint to market & how different CFD tools can play into that (including a huge shout-out to Pointwise)
• The value of understanding what’s gone before, not only in terms of aircraft development, but also code development & being able to mine those archives to give you an unfair advantage today
• The importance of being able to select the right simulation tool for the job, being able to get multiple approaches to agree & the alarm bells that should go off when they don’t
• Connect with Patrick on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/hanleyinnovations/
* Check out Patrick’s CFD codes at http://hanleyinnovations.com/
• Check out the Terrafugia website for more details of their vehicle concepts - https://terrafugia.com/