Time for the last insight episode of the season - I hope you've enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed doing them?
In today's episode I had the pleasure of talking to Riccardo Rossi about combining his experience in fluid dynamics research with his passion for surfing and the intricacies of applying CFD to the design of surfboards.
We barely scratch the surface of this fascinating topic, but Riccardo introduces us to some of the challenges, including:
- relating performance in the "predictable" world of CFD with that on the unpredictable ocean wave
- using CFD to relate the "feel" of a board to it's fluid dynamics
- whether the insight from CFD can make you a better surfer
- using CFD as an attention-grabber in product marketing
- Connect with Riccardo on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/riccardo-rossi-a58a692b/
- Find out more about Riccardo's company - Red Fluid @ http://www.red-fluid.com/ and the work they've been doing in this area
- Follow them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/RedFluidDynamics/) & Instagram(https://www.instagram.com/redfluiddynamics/) for more surf-related content