Hosts Cara North and Joseph Suarez discuss the design of modern learning experiences and occasionally interview guests. Topics include: Instructional design, eLearning development, games, higher education, corporate training, etc.
EP 037: DevLearn 2022 Recap
Cara North and Joseph Suarez are back in Ohio after spending several days in Las Vegas, NV for the 2022 DevLearn conference hosted by the Learning Guild. In this episode, they recap their experiences and take-a-ways as well as provide advice for future attendees.
* DevLearn Conference* The Learning Guild
* Connect with Cara & Joe* Support the show* LnDTees.com Learning & Development themed swag* IRD.LnDTees.com Instructional Redesign podcast swag
Music created by Jahzzar.
EP036: Interview with Matt Pierce
Hosting and Managing Virtual Events
Matt Pierce is a Learning and Video Ambassador at Techsmith where he is, among other things, the lead for TechSmith Academy a free online learning platform. You may also know Matt as being the host of The Visual Lounge, a regular live YouTube series produced by Techsmith. Joe talks to him about what it's like working in front of the camera so often and what lessons he's learned.
* Techsmith Academy https://academy.techsmith.com/* Techsmith (YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/c/techsmith/videos* Matt on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthewrpierce* Matt on Twitter https://twitter.com/piercemr
EP035: Interview with Karl G.Richter
Bringing Joy to the Craft of Instructional Design
Karl Richter is the owner of Elearning Blends. He chats with Joe about his unique approach to create custom eLearning that blends online training with classroom experiences, and performance support tools.
* eLearning Blends https://elearningblends.com/* eLearning Blends (YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7RYCY3a7BWFk4V81htAnuA* Karl on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/elearningblends/* Karl on Twitter https://twitter.com/elearningblends/
EP034: Interview with Roberta Dombrowski
The Benefits of User Research
Roberta Dombrowski is VP of User Reseach at a company called User Interviews where she builds a scalable, efficient, and decision-driven research practice. Joe talks with her about where L&D and UX Research intertwine and where it merely boils down to semantics.
* User Interviews https://www.userinterviews.com/* Roberta on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/robertadombrowski* Roberta on Twitter https://twitter.com/robertalearns
EP033: Interview with Heidi Kirby
Transitioning from Teaching to Instructional Design
Joe speaks with Learning and Development leader and host of the BLOC Podcast, Hedi Kirby. She shares her recent job search experience and her previous transition from a teacher to instructional designer.
* BLOC Podcast https://open.spotify.com/show/5YGQtyZ18YNd8HQN5UCaNN* TLDC: Making the Most of the Unknown - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrw4bU3fi84* Heidi on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/heidiekirby/
EP032: Interview with Jeff Batt
The Power of Code and Custom Development
Joe and Cara speak with Jeff Batt, owner of Learning Dojo and Program Manager at The Learning Guild. They dig into why web and mobile development matters more than you may think, and discuss why you might consider a custom developed solution over using an authoring tool.
* Learning Dojo https://learningdojo.ninja/* Learning Dojo (YouTube) https://www.youtube.com/c/LearningDojo* Jeff on Twitter:* Jeff on LinkedIn:* DevLearn https://devlearn.com/
Great guests and discussions
Perfect way to wake my brain up on my morning commute
Great addition to my playlist
Exciting to see new names in our instructional design community. I got immediately interested in listening more once I heard in the first three episodes about the topics you’re planning to cover. Kudos to Cara for bringing up the topic of women in the instructional design. I appreciate Joseph’s experience in e-learning and would like to see a complete episode dedicated to Albert, the microlearning app that he mentioned in Better know a host episode.
Instructional Redesign offers listeners open-minded and forward-thinking thoughts about the training industry without delving into jargon or promoting the lastest "learning fad." Joe and Cara's distinct personalities create clear, and always thoughtful, discussions.