Many commercial payers voluntarily waived all deductibles, co-pays, and other costs for insured patients who fell sick with COVID-19. Many of these patients were hospitalized and needed intensive care, doctor visits, medications, or other treatments.
Setting aside those fees was a good move from a public relations standpoint. The industry got credit for helping customers during tough times. And it had political and financial benefits for insurers, too. But nothing lasts forever.
Starting at the end of last year, and continuing through the first quarter of 2021, many insurers are quietly ending those fee waivers for COVID treatment and patients are finding out after the fact. Terry discusses how to be proactive in making sure you and your patients are informed and why this will be the theme of 2021.
Subscribe and Listen
You can subscribe to our podcasts via:
* Apple Podcasts – https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/codecast-medical-billing-coding-insights/id1305926627
* Google Podcasts – https://play.google.com/music/listen#/ps/Ia47t6quqphhsanlzpajk37yiga
* Spotify – https://open.spotify.com/show/1lA69Q7EnjSMuVr3sXVWlX
* Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=156874
* TuneIn – https://tunein.com/radio/CodeCast–Medical-Billing-p1056702/
* YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoNm5vs6PFMIEDa5Undidlg
* Amazon Podcasts – https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/c9d8dc99-fced-45a2-82b4-0efdf144c897/CodeCast-Medical-Billing-and-Coding-Insights
* iHeart Radio – https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-codecast-medical-billing-a-31135434/
If you’d like to become a sponsor of the CodeCast podcast please contact us directly for pricing: https://www.terryfletcher.net/contact/