This week, Christ Heuertz, joins us for part TWO of our interview! We have the opportunity to talk about what the Enneagram is, and how it can play a part in our lives as creatives, and as humans.
Chris Heuertz Interview: Thoughts, References, Links, & Takeaways
To Find Your Enneagram:
Brandi & Michelle's Enneagram Types:
* Brandi = 3w4
* Michelle = 9w1
The Enneagram of G. I. Gurdjieff: Mathematics, Metaphysics, Music, and Meaning
* In a harmony triad,
* 1's, 4's, & 7's often find each other, they're "frustrated idealists"
* 3's, 6's, & 9's find eachother also, and they are the "pragmatists"
* Chris is currently listening to a lot of Sleeping At Last (for like 3 years)
* His songs on the Enneagram are a fusion of the process system with a personality overlay
* Also listening to Christina Perri's song, "Human" (which is such a "4 song") and she IS a 4
* But Chris says she cycles through the types in a flow
* (he's actually listening to this thing he sent me after the show:
* When you see art that accesses these energies in us that we see replicated throughout the flow of the Enneagram, it lands really well.
* On 8's: they like to be in control
* When they don't get their own way they can use things to get control
* The Enneagram is so important in relationships
"Our type is always showing, but [even when I see that] I want to let people be who they are."
* If we're acting from a subconscious level that means we are disconnected from the self-awareness of who we are.
* What is a loving and understanding way of bringing people onboard?
* It will find people at the right time, you can't force it
* The best way to share it is by doing your own inner work and that will make you the most attractive version of yourself and it can inspire others to want to become the best version of themselves also.
* In 1971-1973 Claudio Naranjo was working on his theories privately with graduate students
* He asked them not to teach it until he gave them permission
* Because once you know and understand it all, people naturally want everyone around them to work on it
YOU are the "brand ambassador" for the importance of the Enneagram when you show how it has helped you become the best version of yourself.
* Only share the things we've worked on in our own lives
* It's hard for someone to see something you're talking about and believe it if they don't see evidence that it works in you.
Colors & The Enneagram
* The numbers blend into the one's beside them in a natural flow
* Worked with an illustrator to come up with a style for his book
* Even the same "color" can be a different HUE on the spectrum, on a similar arc where there will be shared affinities and some differences.
* Body Types. 8's, 9's, 1's