This episode was inspired by the outbreak of war between Israel and the Palestinians which started on October 7, 2023.
I explore Sowell's views on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict through two columns written by Sowell, one in 2006 and the other in 2014:
2006 Column: “There is no Middle East Peace Process”
2014 Column: "Cease the Cease Fires"
Our special guest for this episode is Dennis Prager.
Dennis Prager was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1948. He graduated from Brooklyn College with a major in Middle Eastern Studies. In 1982, when he was 34 years old, Prager got his first big break as a radio talk show host at a local Los Angeles radio station and over the years his show was syndicated into other markets and he is now known nationally as one of America’s preeminent conservative talk show hosts.
In 2009, he founded perhaps his greatest achievement yet: Prager University, also known as Prager U, which you can find online at PragerU.com.
I highly encourage you to explore the offerings at PragerU.com. There are hundreds upon hundreds of extremely well-produced, educational videos on a wide range of topics, oftentimes no longer than 5 minutes each. There’s a section for adults and a section for kids. The videos cover current events, American and world history from a wholesome, positive and uplifting perspective, and they are hosted by world class scholars such as Victor Davis Hanson, Alan Dershowitz, Gad Saad, Wilfred Reilly, Rafael Mangual, Jason Riley, and many, many more great thinkers, not to mention many videos by Dennis Prager himself. And all these videos and programs are totally free. This is one of those rare cases where you get way more than you pay for.
Here are some extra resources to enhance your enjoyment of the episode:
• Dennis Prager mentions this DEBATE he had with Rabbi Jonathon Sacks.
• My favorite version of Hatikvah HERE.
• Sowell's History of the Jews from "Migrations & Cultures" HERE.
THERE ARE 3 WAYS TO SUPPORT THE PODCAST:
1) Support the show financially by subscribing with a monthly contribution on Patreon: www.Patreon.com/SowellGenius
The money raised through Patreon supports our efforts to popularize the books and ideas of Thomas Sowell.
2) Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts. This helps a lot by nudging the show to the top of Google searches. I really appreciate the many positive reviews, especially this one by Jonsby: "This is one of the few podcasts that I actually slow down so I can savor it!"
3) Purchase our Thomas Sowell Post It Note pads: You can find all 250+ digital images of the post it notes HERE, feel free to download them and use them however you like.
To purchase pads of printed post it notes, please visit our shop at: GeniusSowell.etsy.com
I know you have thousands of other podcasts you could be listening to, and I truly appreciate the time and interest you show in mine.
Support the show