Welcome to the Jesus 120 Podcast. We'll be looking at 120 different stories from the life of Jesus. In each episode we will take 1 of those stories & talk for about 20 minutes or less. Welcome to the conversation!
The Bible 20/20 - Week 42: "Kingdom Politics”
This week as we explore the second half of the book of Acts, we have a lot to learn from Paul and how he used his platform to spread the message of Jesus' Kingdom. Whether in the voting booth, interacting on social media, or just in private conversations, our political stance should always be dictated by our allegiance to our eternal King. May we all learn to use our voice and influence to focus on faithfully living and sharing the Good News of Jesus our Lord!
The Bible 20/20 - Week 41: "The Promised Land"
This Sunday we begin the book of Acts and spend some time exploring the essential role that the Holy Spirit has in our lives. May we all be bold enough to step into new territory, experiencing the power and presence of God’s Kingdom in our lives, and choosing to share that life with a world in need.
The Bible 20/20 - Week 40: “Like Precious Faith”
Today we explore a couple of stories found in John’s Gospel and see the powerful role that faith plays to bring healing and growth in our lives. Through moments of crisis - like suffering, loss, doubt, and failure - Jesus works to produce grace and peace in our hearts. May we experience Jesus as our anchor in the various seasons of this life, and may we grow in faith to receive life and healing in Him!
1. Which of the 3 examples of faith today spoke the most to you? Have you been experiencing one of these recently?
2. What can we learn from Martha’s example to help us navigate suffering and loss in faith? Why do you think “even now” type faith is so precious to Jesus?
3. What can we learn from Thomas about dealing with doubt? How can we have our own experience “handling” Jesus and seeing his wounds and his victory that can help us grow in faith and hold on in seasons of doubt? What role to do other Christians have in our lives in these seasons of doubt? How can God’s word be an anchor for us in times of doubt?
4. What can we learn from Peter’s story of failure to help us navigate our own seasons of failure? What did Jesus reveal about his heart towards us, when we fail? What’s an example of a specific act of faith that it takes on our part to help heal us when we have failed? (examples: coming to Jesus - not hiding / receiving forgiveness - not wallowing in condemnation)
5. What sort of experience are you going through now that may be an opportunity to grow in faith? Where do you need some grace right now? Where do you need some peace? How can we pray for each other and support each other right now in faith?
The Bible 20/20 - Week 38: "The Gospel of Luke - Pt. 2"
Today we are joined by Pastor Dave Buehring, who shares Part-2 of his sermon in the Gospel of Luke on the Kingdom of Heaven.
The Bible 20/20 - Week 37: "The Gospel of Luke - Pt. 1"
This week we welcome our friend and mentor, Pastor Dave Buehring, from Franklin, TN, to share a 2-part series from the Gospel of Luke. This week, Pastor Dave shares from Luke 4 on the temptation of Jesus. We will look closer at the temptations and their context, and how we might walk in freedom from the threats of temptations from the enemy, just like Jesus.
The Bible 20/20 - Week 36: "Of Pigs and Men"
In today’s sermon, we explore the story found in Mark 5:1-20 of Jesus freeing a man with an unclean spirit. It is a strange and unsettling story of a deranged man, a multitude of demons, and a large herd of pigs who are drowned in the sea. Yet in the midst of this dis-orienting story, we can discover much about the forces of power that we still encounter in our day. May God give us clarity and hope as we explore the presence and power of fear and evil, and the greater power of Grace that is available to help set the captives free!
1. What encouraged you the most from this story? What challenged you the most? Do you agree that there are still modern-day forms of spiritual bondage that we face?
2. Why do you think that people at times minimize or ignore the existence of the spiritual world? Why is it important to recognize the presence and power of this kind of evil?
3. When facing a struggle in your life with some form of bondage - have you experienced being held back by any of the fears addressed in this message? (fear of change, fear of loss, fear of God) If yes, which one?
4. Why do you think that particular fear is a challenge for you? How can you face and overcome that fear? What role does Jesus play in helping us with our fear?
5. What did you learn from this story about the power of grace? What are some of the obstacles that keep us from experiencing God’s grace in the midst of our struggles? What can we do about that? What can Jesus do about that for us?
Customer ReviewsSee All
I love the simplicity and honesty of this process.