Joseph Branciforte is a multi-instrumentalist, recording and mixing engineer, composer, sound artist, and programmer based out of New York City. This episode was edited by Joseph himself, which has allowed me to approach it primarily as a listener. And I've been must struck by Joseph's balance between conviction and query.
Though much is covered in this half hour, Joseph's reflections inspired so many questions for me. What happens when you shake the dust of the day-to-day a little? When you inject a new choice into the established theme? What happens when we dive in head and heart first?
More about Joseph's work: https://josephbranciforte.com
His label, Greyfade: https://greyfade.com
- 4.19 from joseph branciforte & theo bleckmann's LP1
- example 6.1 realtime generative voice-leading max patch for yamaha disklavier piano (video/explanation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-E78AHmHM)
- 90 structures, a generative work with realtime notation for live chamber ensemble
- 3.4.26 from joseph branciforte & theo bleckmann's LP1 (https://greyfade-label.bandcamp.com)
- july 6, 2016 from 2016 sound journal
- 6.15 from joseph branciforte & theo bleckmann's LP1
- april 20, 2015 an electronic composition by kenneth kirschner transcribed for piano + 2 cellos by joseph branciforte.
- 0123 for low string quartet MIDI rendering of a forthcoming algorithmically composed string quartet.
- july 24, 2016 from 2016 sound journal
- 5.5.9 from joseph branciforte & theo bleckmann's LP1