Today Josh Elman & James Currier discuss the history of social media, where it is today, and the next wave of social companies that may be a result of the current lockdown situation. Due to the massive behavioral changes over the last few months, Founders may have room to build and the 'Golden Age' of social media might see a resurfacing. Josh Elman has run product for top-tier companies like Robinhood, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and was a partner at Greylock.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A brief history of social media
- The behavioral changes from COVID-19
- The 'New Wave' of social media platforms
- The opportunity for founders to build companies
- How social products reshape the human connection
Be on the lookout for new episodes on The NFX Podcast and read more NFX content at - www.nfx.com/essays