New York Times columnist Kevin Roose is best known for writing and podcasting about online extremism and disinformation. But his new book, Futureproof, is a practical guide that offers "9 Rules for Humans in the Age of Automation," making it a sort of self-help book for people who don't want to be replaced by robots.
"I was talking to someone yesterday and they said, did you write a self-help book?" Roose says on today's episode of Follow Friday. "And it's like, well, literally yes. I was trying to help myself."
He also talks with Eric Johnson about the risk of "becoming a monster" on Twitter, why a Facebook page for Christian moms makes him jealous, and the celebrity entrepreneur he's embarrassed to admit he follows. Plus: Why you should take a nap after this podcast is done.
- Kevin is @kevinroose on Twitter
- This show is @followfridaypod on Twitter and Instagram
- Eric is @heyheyesj on Twitter
Who Kevin follows:
- Astead W. Herndon: @asteadwesley on Twitter
- The Horse Mafia: facebook.com/theHorseMafia/
- The Nap Ministry: @thenapministry on Instagram
- Gary Vaynerchuk: @garyvee on most platforms
Rate Follow Friday: LoveThePodcast.com/FollowFriday
Theme song written by Eric Johnson, and performed by Yona Marie. Show art by Dodi Hermawan. Additional music by Purple Planet Music and Katherine Chang.