Welcome to the Emergent Human, with Michael Ostrolenk where we explore optimizing health, embodied spirituality, and post-conventional living.
Today’s guest is Ryan Frisinger, an interdisciplinary specialist operating at the intersections of medicine, consciousness and culture.
Ostrolenk and Frisinger discuss the complex relationship of humans and animals, including the ownership of animals and the ethics of eating meat. Frisinger details the complexity of meat consumption, including the importance of animal protein in human diets, the ways in which killing animals has evolved in the modern world, and how we can feed the large number of people who live on this earth.
Frisinger encourages listeners to use higher levels of consciousness to entertain the idea that our pets have a complex emotional life that cannot be fully understood by humans. This can assist in humans endeavor to walk a fine line between being caretakers and allies while understanding there is limited room on earth for all animals to roam free. Lastly, Frisinger offers that humans can consider how our own reproduction affects other species.
Frisinger recommends a few actions humans can take to foster a loving relationship and support their animals:
- Look at your animals diet and consider the value of raw foods
- Recognizing your animal's environment and what they love to explore
- Appreciate your animal's space and try to learn their needs
To learn more about Ryan Frisinger, visit his website (https://kosmicanimal.com/) and visit his health center (https://xenogenesis.co/about-us/).
Resources from today’s show
· Longevity Summit: Ostrolenk speaks about The Longevity Summit https://www.thelongevitysummit.com/registration?fbclid=IwAR1xvRSgvcL7xDUbc-iGr26NfeBAIV_a3iCcaoJ7zZO2SWtn8kN6nDD1nwY
· The Spell of the Sensuous https://www.amazon.com/Spell-Sensuous-Perception-Language-More-Than-Human/dp/0679776397
· The Omnivores Dilemma https://www.amazon.com/Omnivores-Dilemma-Natural-History-Meals/dp/01430385
· The Sexual Politics of Meat https://caroljadams.com/spom-the-book
· The Banality of Evil https://www.amazon.com/Banality-Evil-Hannah-Arendt-Solution/dp/0847692108
· Books by Derrick Jensen https://derrickjensen.org/
· The Animal that Therefore I am https://www.amazon.com/Animal-Therefore-Perspectives-Continental-Philosophy/dp/082322791X
Today’s show was brought to you by:
· Cosper Scafidi, an amazing body worker in the northern Virginia area. To learn more about Scafidi and his work, visit https://www.cosperscafidi.com.
Thank you to Stuart Davis for the music featured in this podcast https://www.stuartdavis.com/.