Ariel Lee, Former Category Manager at CVS Health, shares with us what the role of a Category Manager at a large Retail company is all about.
At CVS Health, Ariel was responsible for $300M P&L and 16+ partners across 7,800 stores and CVS.com. Ariel has a BA in Neuroscience from Cornell University, and an MBA with a focus on Marketing and Strategy from Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University.
Some of the areas we touch upon in this episode include:
1. What is Category Management
2. The day to day job of a Category Manager in Retail
3. Importance of understanding consumer behavior to be a good category manager
4. Dealing and negotiating with multiple partners for your category
5. The kind of person who would do well in this job - dealing with multiple stakeholders, lot of data analysis, deadlines, etc.
6. Interesting and challenging aspects of the job
7. Tips for interested candidates
Thank you for listening!!
Follow the show on Twitter @LED_Curator
Subscribe on iTunes geo.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/jus…180382202?mt=2
Like us on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/learneducatediscover/
Email us at hello@learneducatediscover. We will reply!!