Shane Zhao, Community Manager at OpenIDEO, describes in detail what the job of an Online Community Manager entails. Great listen for anyone interested in exploring roles in Tech and Startups, with an interest in working in Social Media, Brand Management, Content Strategy, etc.
Some of the areas we touch upon in this episode include:
1. What is online community management
2. How the community manager plays a key role in the success of challenges hosted by OpenIDEO
3. How the role of a community manager shifts between that of a "Dinner Host" and a "Teaching Assistant"
4. Typical day for a community manager
5. Tactics used by Shane to scale his role
6. Interesting and challenging aspects of the job
7. Further career paths for community managers
8. Advice and resources for interested candidates
Thank you for listening!!
Follow the show on Twitter @LED_Curator
Like us on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/learneducatediscover/
Email us at hello@learneducatediscover. We will reply!!
Subscribe to the show on iTunes itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/learn…ver/id1049159321