Alexandra Breedlove left a steady, well paying job in Management Consulting and moved to Tanzania to try and have an impact at a grass-roots level. In this episode, Aly shares with us the various projects she worked on while in Tanzania, including as a contractor with well known organizations such as Acumen Fund and TechnoServe, and her experiences working in International Development.
Aly has a Bachelors in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology and is currently pursuing an MBA from Cambridge Judge Business School.
Some of the areas we touch upon in this episode include:
1. The kind of projects Aly worked on with Acumen Fund and TechnoServe
2. The kind of challenges Aly ran into when working on the ground in Tanzania
3. Importance of knowing the local language when working in International Development
4. Highlights from Aly's 5 years in Tanzania
5. Importance of relationships for finding work in this sector
6. Recommended resources for people interested in working in International Development
Thank you for listening!!
Follow the show on Twitter @LED_Curator
Like us on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/learneducatediscover/
Email us at hello@learneducatediscover. We will reply!!
Subscribe to the show on iTunes itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/learn…ver/id1049159321
More by Learn Educate Discover