Sanjana Tandon, Director of Business Development at Hulu and previously in Business Development at Dropbox and Intuit, talks about what working in Business Development is like. Sanjana has worked on a number of strategic partnerships during her tenure, including driving a deal with American Express while at Intuit.
Sanjana has BA in Economics from Stanford University.
Some of the areas that Sanjana touches upon in this episode include:
1. What is Business Development
2. How having a strong network can be a big benefit in BD, especially if you work at a smaller company
3. How this role tends to vary depending on the size of the company
4. How to assess whether Business Development is important at a company or not
5. Skills and qualities found in successful BD professionals
6. Typical project in BD
7. How BD professionals need to be great negotiators
8. Interesting and challenging aspects of the job
9. Recommended resources
Thank you for listening!!
Follow the show on Twitter @LED_Curator
Like us on FaceBook at www.facebook.com/learneducatediscover/
Email us at hello@learneducatediscover. We will reply!!
Subscribe to the show on iTunes itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/learn…d1049159321?mt=2