Today, I am blessed to have here with me Lesya Holzapfel. She is the CEO and Founder of BSB Tribe and Eat. Be Fit. Explore. She is also the host of the Fit Moms Squad Podcast. Her mission is to share keto holistically and help women feel more confident.
As a teen, Lesya struggled to deal with her weight. This led her to choose being a dietitian as a major in college, but in the end, she was disappointed because she did not want to believe the things she was taught. After all the desperate attempts, she still couldn't lose weight no matter what she was doing.
A friend of hers doing keto and having great results inspired her to try it. That’s where keto comes into her life. After going back and forth on keto because of her pregnancies, she finally has resolved to integrate it into her lifestyle. She began doing clean keto, intermittent fasting and focusing on proteins. Her lifestyle change produced a great outcome, as she lost 60 pounds in just eight months. Her journey of losing weight is an inspiration for many women experiencing the same she had.
In this episode, Lesya speaks about clean and dirty keto and the foods you need to avoid. The positive results you gain in strategically throwing carbs.
Lesya reveals the truth about doing keto in longer terms. She talks about the benefits of intermittent fasting based on your needs. Tune in as we chat about the dirty vs clean keto, investing in your health, carb cycling, intermittent fasting, and ways to break your weight loss stall.
/ / E P I S O D E S P ON S O R S
Biotiquest Sugar Shift product. Regulate glucose, reduce cravings, achieve deeper ketosis, and remove glyphosate. Head to https://bit.ly/47QZdbK , and use the coupon code KAMP10 for 10% off their products.
Bioptimizers MEGA Deal For November. Discounts on all products, sitewide. Just go to bioptimizers.com/ketokamp and use this code ketokamp10 to get 10% off.
Text me the words "Podcast" +1 (786) 364-5002 to be added to my contacts list.
[13:24] Dirty vs. Clean Keto: What Is the Best for You?
- Lesya focused on eating whole real foods rather than packaged food labelled keto.
- Minimize dairy intake.
- Focus on high-quality protein and non-starchy vegetables. Do organic if possible.
- True keto foods will not be marketed as keto foods.
- Clean keto is just about focusing on whole real foods.
[22:18] Investing in Health Will Be Your Best Asset: Start Now!
- Health is not an expense. It's an investment.
- Sadly, health is the last thing that many people invest in.
- Organic food, grass, and all that are more expensive; however, you'll save money in the long run since you eat less.
- Most food at restaurants is going to be served with inflammatory oils.
- The most valuable thing you can invest in is your health.
[25:14] How Can you Benefit from Intermittent Fasting Based on Your Needs?
- Time-restricted eating and a three-hour bedtime window are recommended for fully healthy women.
- Keep the meals between an eight to 10-hour window.
- If it's someone with cortisol or adrenal issues, we must be careful with too much fasting.
- We are all fasting. We just don't do it consciously.
[28:15] Carb Cycling: Throw Your Carbs Strategically and Gain Positive Outcome
- While keto is a good stress reliever in the short term, it is bad if you are already stressed out.
- Carbs help decrease cortisol and increase serotonin.
- Not all carbs are good. Complex carbs support our body.
- You can travel and enjoy food, and it doesn't mean you have to eat all the crap all day. Just be strategic.
- Having extra healthy carbs around workouts could be a great idea if you feel tired.
[38:28] Does Long-Term Keto Work Really? Find Out the Reality of It
- It’s about bio-ind