This was an episode guest dream-come-true! I can’t even tell you how excited I was to sit down with the lovely Georgie Morley host of The Chasing Joy Podcast and the girl behind In It 4 The Long Run Blog. Her podcast has made such a positive impact on my life and was part of the inspiration for this second season of the podcast!
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
* Why doing LESS goes against society’s usual narrative, and why it can also be more challenging to do less
* Shifting our mindset away from measuring our value by how productive we are
* The experience she had that showed her she could do less and still have an enriching growth filled experience
* You don’t need to fill up your schedule in order to actually BE productive
* Georgie shares her recovery story from anorexia and orthorexia
* We talk about pseudo (eating disorder) recovery
* How our emotional health and stress management is more important than specifically what you’re eating
* She underscores that there is no specific “look” required to suffer from and disordered eating
* The reason we binge is only a result of restriction.
* Restriction can be not eating certain food(s) or mentally not allowing yourself to have something. When we mentally and physically stop the restriction we take the power away.
* Learning to trust your body & your body learning to trust you again
* We discuss her blog post “Sorry I Unfollowed You – On Growing And Letting Go“
* Georgie’s writing process and where she finds her inspiration
* Being mindful about the language we use around what we are recommending for others
* Using shame as a marketing tactic
* It’s not about throwing shade on people who perpetuate diet culture, when we know better we can do better. Don’t hate the player hate the game.
* Why ‘resilience’ is her favorite word
CONNECT WITH GEORGIE:
The Chasing Joy Podcast
FAVORITE BLOG POSTS FROM GEORGIE:
Georgie’s Eating Disorder Story
Choosing Happy Over Perfect
Sorry I Unfollowed You – On Growing And Letting Go
It’s Not The Body I Asked For, It’s The Body I Have