Ryan Barton is the Founder and CEO of Mainstay Technologies, a full IT and Information Security provider for small and medium sized businesses in Northern New England. And while it has now been 18 years and his team has grown to about 80 people, he says he actually started the business by accident. In our conversation, Ryan shares more about the business and his journey, but we also talk a lot about the role of businesses and business leaders in society at large, the value Ryan sees in using his work to serve others and grow his own wisdom and skills, his goal of Mainstay being a 100-year-old company, and throughout, he shares so much insight and thoughtfulness.
Where you can find Mainstay Technologies:
- Website: https://www.mstech.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mainstaytech
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/mainstaytechnologies/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mstech_nh
Mentions from the show:
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie: https://amzn.to/3Q7sBkQ
- Predictable Success by Les McKeown: https://amzn.to/3daKNvp
- The Heart Aroused by David Whyte: https://amzn.to/3Sx1D7G
- David Whyte's TED Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/david_whyte_a_lyrical_bridge_between_past_present_and_future
- Email from the Future: Notes from 2084 by Michael Rogers: https://amzn.to/3bAzjAW
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson: https://amzn.to/3zZUllK
Stay in touch with People, Place, & Purpose on Instagram and stay tuned for a new episode every Monday!
Links may be affiliate links, which means we would get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you.