My guest is Kindra Hall. Kindra Hall is the President and Chief Storytelling Officer at Steller Collective which is a consulting firm focused on the strategic application of storytelling. Kindra believes that good storytelling is the answer to so many of today’s communication challenges.
She is a speaker and trainer and she’s trusted by global brands like Facebook, Hilton Hotels, Target, Berkshire Hathaway and the Harvard Medical School. Kindra helps these organizations to better communicate the value of their company, their products, and their individuality… all through strategic storytelling. Today, Kindra’s work can be seen at Inc.com, Entrepreneur.com and as a contributing editor for SUCCESS Magazine.
Her much-anticipated book called “STORIES THAT STICK” will be released by Harper Leadership later this month. Get it here.
In our interview… we talk about:
* How stories matter in everyday life
* How the power of “story” can be applied in branding, selling and spreading of ideas
* The FOUR keys to telling a good story (whether you’ve considered yourself a good storyteller in the past or not!)
Most importantly… Kindra lives in Manhattan with her husband, and their two kiddos and when she is not traveling around the world speaking, Kindra can usually be found at spin class or in Central Park with her family.
Quick Episode Summary:
* 2:03 Welcome, Kindra!
* 2:39 When Kindra fell in love with stories
* 8:57 When Kindra brought storytelling to corporate
* 14:28 What makes a great story
* 17:25 the different types of characters
* 19:17 The goal of storytelling
* 22:19 Implementing authentic emotion
* 26:00 Having your set of stories
* 28:54 The thing everyone forgets when storytelling
* 22:16 Wisdom of the week
* 35:47 Mitch's biggest takeaways
Connect with Kindra:
Connect with Mitch! Go to mitchmatthews.com or check us out on Facebook!