The Mama Bear Podcast is a place for women raising children with special needs to get together and chat about life. Mary Susan McConnell and her guests discuss the beautiful highs and the extreme lows that can come with parenting on such unique journeys. Conversations are fun, candid, and you may want headphones (adult language warning).
163. Quick Announcement + Today I Drove Around w/ an Unhappy Child
Learn more about the Mama Bear Daily at https://mamabearmedia.teachable.com/p/mama-bear-daily
If you sign up this week I'll be contact you regarding your t-shirt size and shipment!
162. 4 Things That Give Continuous Energy (in case you're exhausted)
Join the Mama Bear Daily and receive all the mentioned bonuses HERE: https://mamabearmedia.teachable.com/p/mama-bear-daily
161. The Paradox of Grief & Gratitude with Lizzy Bain- Fellow Caregiver & Parenting Coach, Medical Mama Support Circle Founder, & Facilitator for Circle of Security an Attachment-Based Parenting Curriculum
Find Lizzy Bain at www.paradoxhealing.com
Learn more about Mama Bear Daily here: https://mamabearmedia.teachable.com/p/mama-bear-daily
160. A Chat w/ Stephanie Wolfe, Author of the New & Magically Inclusive Children's Book "Authentically Addie"
Grab your copy of "Authentically Addie":
Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/noresults/authentically-addie-noor-alshalabi/1138930765
Join Mary Susan's Mama Bear Daily here: https://www.marysusanmcconnell.com/mama-bear-daily-membership
159. Turning What May Often Feel Like Limitations into Fun Adventures - Renovations, Vacations, Career, etc (Accessibility, disability, sensory)
Join the Mama Bear Daily here: https://www.marysusanmcconnell.com/mama-bear-daily-membership
158. Requested Show: What to do if your circle of friends don't "get it".
Join the Mama Bear Daily HERE and become a Mama Member today.
Find Mary Susan on Instagram.
Listening made me realize I am a Special Needs Mom!
I always knew my children had challenging needs but felt like calling my self a special needs mom was putting me in a category I didn’t belong. That is until I found Mary Susan! In the very first episode I finally got it! There is varying degree to all our lives and I’m so happy to have found Mama Bear!
A lot in common
I just started listening to your show and love the content of it and I love your vibe. Sounds like we have a lot of things in common. I look forward to staying connected and getting to know one another as time unfolds. I’m building a brand to support parents special needs kids as well and when I get itTo a point where I’m comfortable reaching out I will contact you to see if you’ll come on our show. In the meantime love what you’re doing. Keep it up! Chad from RoccoBlu
I’m not alone!
My two kids (2 and 1) were both diagnosed with a life threatening rare genetic disease. My son is on oxygen and has a feeding tube and ever since their diagnosis my husband and I have felt so alone. It’s hard seeing so many “healthy and normal” kids everywhere you turn. I’m so glad I discovered this podcast! I can relate to every single episode and it helps me feel like we aren’t the only ones struggling with all the challenges that come with caring for our children. Thank you Mama Bear!