Over 18 years ago, I was a substitute teacher, and I found a relationship book on the teacher’s desk in the classroom I was in for the day. While the students focused on their work, I started reading it and was instantly enamored. I went home that night and ordered my own copy, realizing there was so much more to understand about relationships than I ever imagined.
It was the first book on relationships I had ever read, and even people who aren't necessarily into personal development have likely heard of this one particular book: Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by Dr. John Gray.
In fact, USA Today listed it as one of the top 10 most influential books of the last quarter-century and, in hardcover, it was the #1 best-selling book of the 1990s. It has been translated into approximately 45 languages and sold in more than 100 countries. Still today, it continues to be a bestseller.
Dr. Gray has appeared repeatedly on Oprah, as well as on The Dr. Oz Show, TODAY, CBS This Morning, Good Morning America, and others. He has been profiled in Time, Forbes, USA Today, and People. He was also the subject of a three-hour special hosted by Barbara Walters. Dr. Gray has now written over 20 books, including his most recent: Beyond Mars and Venus: Relationship Skills for Our Complex Modern World.
His passion is helping men and women understand one another better, and we dive into just that in this insight-filled conversation.
Some of what we cover...
- How how John Gray went from a celibate monk to being a best selling author on relationships
- What causes a breakdown in communication
- The role of male and female hormones in creating a harmonious sexual relationship
- How good communication can bring out the best in your partner
- Learn how Dr. John structures his therapy sessions very differently for men vs. women
- The unique needs of men and women in love and why selfishness is sometimes good
- Steps to shift from being in a power struggle to being connected and open
- How biology helps sustain love and grow it over a lifetime
- Strategies to get more of what you want in your relationship
- Learn what a Thriving Relationship means to Dr. John Gray
✨ HELPFUL LINKS ✨
Learn more about Dr. John Gray at https://www.marsvenus.com/
Learn more about the Center for Thriving Relationships at