Martin is a special teams coach at Riverbend High School in Fredericksburg, Virginia, where he works with place-kickers, punters, and kick-off specialists. He's also the author of the forthcoming book, 30 Days with America's High School Coaches.
Through interviews with coaches across the nation in a dozen high-school varsity sports, this book peels back the many ways that coaches shape the characters, work ethics, and morals of the young men and women they’re charged to work with in five key areas:
1) How coaches relate to their players.
2) How coaches approach their craft.
3) How coaches build programs.
4) How coaches improve themselves.
5) How coaches affect their communities.
Learn more about the book and when it will be available for purchase here.
An excerpt of the book is running July 27 in Read the Spirit magazine. Read all my writing for RTS at www.readthespirit.com.
This episode is sponsored by
· Charity Promotion: Democracy Works: This advertisement is part of a charitable initiative in partnership with Democracy Works. howto.vote
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/zach-davis0/support